JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So we're on Gen 5 and I still can't source a Gen4 bare slide to mod up. Come on Lone Wolf, come on Glock Store. I want a Gen4 G22 slide!

BTW, the trigger is same enough that the trigger still needs to be pulled to remove the slide. At least that's what the diagrams make it look like (sear only disengaged by trigger action).

Used prices for Glock aren't lower enough below new to make the choice for you. Do the finger grooves fit you? Does the flared magwell opening make a difference for you? Those are the two features that would help you make the choice.

Or, one more thing, are you someone who likes the new hotness? I am sometimes.

I've enjoyed shooting and carrying glocks for 6 years. Too young for the Gen 2, but young enough I was carrying Gen 3 before the 4 came out. Personally I really like the Gen 4's over the Gen 3, the grip has far more traction in my hand which I prefer and I also greatly prefer the size of the Gen 4 mag release, the Gen 3 grip always was slippery for me, especially if there is any sweat or moisture on my hands. The changes implemented in the Gen 5 have no benefit to me personally, so I will not be getting a Gen 5, plus the ambi slide release serves no purpose to me as a right handed person, (just another thing to get caught on while I am shooting and cause a malfunction, although I can understand how lefty's may be excited about it.

I am excited for the potential drop in Gen 4 prices as a result of the new model coming out.

Just like it is taking people forever to adjust their gun and ammo used prices after the election, gen4 prices won't go down much at all. Used Glocks just don't go bad with age. A 2000-round Glock (and many other guns are like this, also) is just as good as an almost new one. So, unless there are visible issues, prices just don't go down.

Well, unless it is a used 27/23/22. Those are rocks around the necks of sellers...

Just like it is taking people forever to adjust their gun and ammo used prices after the election, gen4 prices won't go down much at all. Used Glocks just don't go bad with age. A 2000-round Glock (and many other guns are like this, also) is just as good as an almost new one. So, unless there are visible issues, prices just don't go down.

Well, unless it is a used 27/23/22. Those are rocks around the necks of sellers...
I used to have a 23... It was a gen 2, wouldn't mind having one again, and if I could get a 10mm barrel fitted to it, well, that would be the cats meow...

Imagine a 13+1 10mm, the size of the 23...

I think I might have to start doing some research...

Last Edited:
If you ever find one...
Like this one? :)

IMG_4557.JPG

I have had a Gen 3 G22&23, G30S, G30, Gen 4 G19, Gen 1 G17 and have to say that some of the improvements are just that and others are not. The whole thing of adding finger grooves from the Gen 2 to Gen 3.

I never bought a Glock based on its looks. For me it is about function and reliability. I would love for them to actually be comfortable to grip. They are not the worst but IMHO the H&K P30 or Sig P229 Legion are "two " of the best.

I may eventually get a Gen 5 but I am finding myself really liking hammer fired pistols.

Now I bet you a box of donuts that if they made it with a trigger that went straight back like a 1911; "boy I tell you what?"; they would become number one again and outsell all the others by a 2:1 heck maybe 3:1 margin.

:D

Well the 30S kind of came out of a marriage of a 30 and 36. Unfortunately there is no 10mm equivalent to the 36. Any chance Lone Wolf makes a 10mm conversion barrel for the 30S? Maybe the 45acp breech face is too big?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top