JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anybody seen any of the Gen 4 Glocks out yet? I've heard they were coming out in .40 first, but I was wondering if anybody knows when they are scheduled to ship in 9mm. Not interested myself, but my boss is looking for one.

Gen 4 Glock 17 (9mm) and Glock 22 (.40 S&W) pistols are already available. The Glock 19 (9mm) Gen 4 is supposedly going to be available soon.

Thanks for the clarification. :s0155: I'm not a Glock guy so I really don't follow what they are doing. It is the Glock 19 Gen 4 in 9mm that my boss is looking for.

I owned a Glock for a while and just couldn't shoot it for beans. Nothing wrong with the pistol just never felt right in my hand. 1911's feel like they were made for me.
Same here, I had a G-17 and 19 and they did not sit well in my hand, so I gave up on Glocks. I like to have a point and shoot capability with my handguns.

I wasn't referring to comfort, but rather the ability to point and shoot the gun without acquiring a sight picture.

That's another good point.

Although I don't want to sound like an elitest or glock guy, I find that it helps.

As a rule, I don't point shoot. But, the gun pointing slightly high helps me find the front sight much quicker.

Different strokes!

I carry a Gen 4 G22, from time to time. Personaly I prefer the XD40. Despite having a much lighter frame, and lower centered barrel, the G22 has more apperant felt recoil. In my opinion, that comes form it beign lighter, despite barrel placement. I also find the design and "feel" of the XD to seem much more solid than the Glock. I also prefer the Sig P250 feel over the Glock, but that is substantialy more in price.

...and yes gunbroker has Gen 4 G22's in stock for 550 without night sites 650 with.

Any particular reason your boss wants a gen 4?

Given the newness of the Gen 4, and the fact that that the new recoil spring is more than what the 9 needs and has simply been swapped in across the line on account of issues with the 40s, I've been sticking with the gen 3s still.

Note that Larry Vickers isn't particularly sold on the gen4... <broken link removed>

The only things the new gen has going for it in 9mm is the grip texture and the backstraps. The new RTF is a compromise between the (excellent, IMO) RTF2 and the old style frames, and the backstraps are meh at best. Sure the new recoil spring (overbuilt, more expensive...) has a higher round count between scheduled changes but the old spring is a $7 part so thats not a game changer for me either...

The man should get what he wants, but not let the allure of newness sway his decision as there are some good reasons to stay with gen 3 for now.

Any particular reason your boss wants a gen 4?

Given the newness of the Gen 4, and the fact that that the new recoil spring is more than what the 9 needs and has simply been swapped in across the line on account of issues with the 40s, I've been sticking with the gen 3s still.

Note that Larry Vickers isn't particularly sold on the gen4... <broken link removed>

The only things the new gen has going for it in 9mm is the grip texture and the backstraps. The new RTF is a compromise between the (excellent, IMO) RTF2 and the old style frames, and the backstraps are meh at best. Sure the new recoil spring (overbuilt, more expensive...) has a higher round count between scheduled changes but the old spring is a $7 part so thats not a game changer for me either...

The man should get what he wants, but not let the allure of newness sway his decision as there are some good reasons to stay with gen 3 for now.

Frankly I have no idea why he wants one, he just asked me to keep an eye out for any I see available. I'm a 1911 guy myself.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top