JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Selling point, very light meaningless differences either aesthetic or slightly lightened versions of the old. Exceptions do exist but are far and few in between, like the ubr gen 2 stock is noticeably lighter then the first.

20066309_6_600_386.jpg

Pictured above is the latest Gen of Glocks due to be released as soon as the leaves start changing..

Selling point, very light meaningless differences either aesthetic or slightly lightened versions of the old. Exceptions do exist but are far and few in between, like the ubr gen 2 stock is noticeably lighter then the first.

Depends, the differences between the 3rd and 4th Gen Glock was pretty significant. Just ask an S&W revolver collector about the difference in generation change such as deleting the PB & RC.

In the case of the UBR, the gen 2 with work with carbine RE including the A5 not just the rifle RE, that is a pretty big change on its own.

Last Edited:
Depends, the differences between the 3rd and 4th Gen Glock was pretty significant. Just ask an S&W revolver collector about the difference in generation change such as deleting the PB & RC.

In the case of the UBR, the gen 2 with work with carbine RE including the A5 not just the rifle RE, that is a pretty big change on its own.
There are definately upgrades in many platforms, my take was more on the modern market as a general whole, manufactorers push slight differences or "upgrades" and slap on a "new" price tag. With the amount of aftermarket producers for popular platforms, theres not much a "new" generation can actually give you that you couldnt already modify the old to do (thats speaking more towards ar's)

Although there are "generations" that are geared towards different puproses altogether that are not objective upgrades, just intended to fulfill different roles.
My mind goes to the lee enfields
Is the jungle carbine truly a better rifle then an smle mk3? Not really, is it better suited for its intended environment? Absolutely so i guess it depends on the individual gun.

All i know is i would never pay 600$ for a balios GEN 2 lower reciever :rolleyes:

The reason/meaning of the question was why use generation/gen for new guns.

I grew up with the designation mark I, II and III. It just got me curious.

What about 1911 > 1911A1 or S&W Model 10 > 10-1>10-2 or M16 > M16A1 > M16A2 or Magpul M2 > M3, etc. etc? Bottom line there is no "set way" and never has been to call out new generations.

I'm also old and set in my ways so I don't appreciated being talked down to.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads