JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I realized my fallacy with this, as the gen 4 slide and buffer spring are different sizes than the gen 3 rending my question null and void. (Not a glock guy)
If I could delete my shame I would. But alas, I can not figure out how to delete this post. So I will just accept my shame and lack of research and correct myself for anyone who has the same question.

Converting a Glock Gen 3 to a Gen 4.
  1. Take your Gen 3, put it in a ziplock baggie, then vacuum seal it in with your (or your friend's) sealing machine with a couple loaded mags. Bury it in the yard.
  2. Go buy a good 1911. There are many solid brands out there.

When SHTF, you won't GAF about what generation your Glock is. You'll praise God that you buried it. :D

Converting a Glock Gen 3 to a Gen 4.
  1. Take your Gen 3, put it in a ziplock baggie, then vacuum seal it in with your (or your friend's) sealing machine with a couple loaded mags. Bury it in the yard.
  2. Go buy a good 1911. There are many solid brands out there.

When SHTF, you won't GAF about what generation your Glock is. You'll praise God that you buried it. :D

Dont get me wrong, as a veteran I love me a 1911 but that would be something attached to my Plate carrier not something I edc. Im grabbing a 10 mm for edc just for multi purpose of the rounds. Plus have roughly 7 to 10 bullets is a compromise for me. Im not a bad shot and 7 will do in most defensive situations but if I ever need to draw multiple targets ( Although rare, we are talking hypothetical) in a high stress environment I want more than 7 rounds. A 1911 for me is something that goes hand in hand when you have a rifle on you. Just my two cents.

Im obviously not a glock guy as you can tell by my original post but i do understand the usefulness and durability of them especially for the price. Plus if anything happens to it parts are easily scavenged thanks to glock fan boys.

To be clear though I love the 1911 platform and plan on getting one, they are just not currently in my budget and a glock is. Also god forbid I ever have to unload into a large four legged animal thats coming towards me Id rather have more than 7 rounds if all I have is a handgun. Cause Im dumping in that things general direction till it lays down lol

image.jpeg I have 20 rounds of 9mm in this thing

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads