JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I realized my fallacy with this, as the gen 4 slide and buffer spring are different sizes than the gen 3 rending my question null and void. (Not a glock guy)
If I could delete my shame I would. But alas, I can not figure out how to delete this post. So I will just accept my shame and lack of research and correct myself for anyone who has the same question.

Converting a Glock Gen 3 to a Gen 4.
  1. Take your Gen 3, put it in a ziplock baggie, then vacuum seal it in with your (or your friend's) sealing machine with a couple loaded mags. Bury it in the yard.
  2. Go buy a good 1911. There are many solid brands out there.

When SHTF, you won't GAF about what generation your Glock is. You'll praise God that you buried it. :D

Converting a Glock Gen 3 to a Gen 4.
  1. Take your Gen 3, put it in a ziplock baggie, then vacuum seal it in with your (or your friend's) sealing machine with a couple loaded mags. Bury it in the yard.
  2. Go buy a good 1911. There are many solid brands out there.

When SHTF, you won't GAF about what generation your Glock is. You'll praise God that you buried it. :D

Dont get me wrong, as a veteran I love me a 1911 but that would be something attached to my Plate carrier not something I edc. Im grabbing a 10 mm for edc just for multi purpose of the rounds. Plus have roughly 7 to 10 bullets is a compromise for me. Im not a bad shot and 7 will do in most defensive situations but if I ever need to draw multiple targets ( Although rare, we are talking hypothetical) in a high stress environment I want more than 7 rounds. A 1911 for me is something that goes hand in hand when you have a rifle on you. Just my two cents.

Im obviously not a glock guy as you can tell by my original post but i do understand the usefulness and durability of them especially for the price. Plus if anything happens to it parts are easily scavenged thanks to glock fan boys.

To be clear though I love the 1911 platform and plan on getting one, they are just not currently in my budget and a glock is. Also god forbid I ever have to unload into a large four legged animal thats coming towards me Id rather have more than 7 rounds if all I have is a handgun. Cause Im dumping in that things general direction till it lays down lol

image.jpeg I have 20 rounds of 9mm in this thing

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top