JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered 2x Geissele 14.5" uppers from Midway last week. One was a URG-I which I know has a black upper receiver with a DDC handguard which is standard for this upper. However the DDC 14.5 upper was supposed to be all DDC but this one has an Olive drab green receiver with a DDC handguard.

Also this DDC is a new shade like Geissele has changed their anodizing and this handguard also has these inserts for sling attachment.

Has anyone seen one like this or heard if Geissele has drastically changed their uppers?

E21EC2D4-F89B-44C7-9F22-A7703379CFC0.jpeg BB42877A-EF3E-4911-9381-07398522C51A.jpeg 592DED32-A120-4AEE-8DB1-D86A967BC356.jpeg 2D1E5DC6-D833-45EF-8517-DECF7AAE0393.jpeg

the box says 14.5" DDC is all. I will check the number vs Midway part #.
I did just send a message to Geissele to see what they say but wont have a response until Monday I'm sure.

I just checked and the part number matches. Im thinking with all the issues they have had with barrels and color they may have given the uppers a makeover

Last Edited:
Did you end up sending the upper back to Midway? Geissele has the "Annodize Shade Variations and Finish Methods" disclaimer when you purchase direct from them but that appears to be a color difference rather than a shade variation.

How is the black oxide finish on your URGI holding up? That finish change seemed to ruffle some feathers but I haven't seen any reports of actual issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top