JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I acquired this for my M27 clone:
Adams Arms piston drive
16" P3 bbl
H2 buffer
69 gn IMI ammo
David Tubb flat wire spring

I was happy with this rifle, just wanted to try something new - sitting here board in my retirement

installed the Geissele Super 42 spring with proprietary Geissele H2 buffer
was not happy at all
with the H2 buffer, I experienced several FTF and would not lock back on last round - an H1 buffer may have solved this
BUT - I now have that annoying M4 "TWANGGGG" from the buttstock during cycling
the Tubb flat wire spring is completely silent

put the Tubb spring back in with it's H2 buffer, with same ammo, and everything worked fine and quietly

an H1 buffer or removing one of the tungsten weights in the H2 buffer would probably solve the cycling issue
but I hate that M4 "TWANGGG" when it cycles

P1030946.JPG

OK, it was an unfair test of the Geissele spring in my M27 Clone
the M27 has a mid length gas system, a piston drive, proprietary Adams Arms bolt and an HK buttstock off an authentic M27
the Tubb flatwire spring was custom tuned just for this rifle, not a standard spring

today I put the spring and buffer in my M4 carbine
carbine length D.I. gas system with M4 buttstock
it works as intended - no failure to feed, locks back on empty mag - and surprisingly - NO M4 TWANGGGG
Its very expensive for an m4 recoil spring, but it does work as advertised when used as intended in a classic M4 style rifle
won't have to change the spring for over 50,000 rnds

20201012_123841.jpg

OK, it was an unfair test of the Geissele spring in my M27 Clone
the M27 has a mid length gas system, a piston drive, proprietary Adams Arms bolt and an HK buttstock off an authentic M27
the Tubb flatwire spring was custom tuned just for this rifle, not a standard spring

today I put the spring and buffer in my M4 carbine
carbine length D.I. gas system with M4 buttstock
it works as intended - no failure to feed, locks back on empty mag - and surprisingly - NO M4 TWANGGGG
Its very expensive for an m4 recoil spring, but it does work as advertised when used as intended in a classic M4 style rifle
won't have to change the spring for over 50,000 rnds

View attachment 1085706
forgot to mention I put a rifle length Geissele spring in my Colt HBAR today also - it also works as advertised
just wont work in the modified recoil system of my M27

I heavily lubed up a retractable butt stock tube with high temp nickle never seeze and the twang completely disappeared.
I hope I never have to take it apart, as that stuff is super messy to say the least.

I heavily lubed up a retractable butt stock tube with high temp nickle never seeze and the twang completely disappeared.
I hope I never have to take it apart, as that stuff is super messy to say the least.
I think the Tubb flat wire spring cost me $27
it was my choice to go that way in all my AR builds originally
these Geissele springs were just a whim
I don't have a mil spec spring or buffer weight in any of my AR builds

LOL!! I have that sheite stuck under my cuticles this very moment!

Remember, it don't mean a THANG without that sweet M4 TWANG!

Last Edited:
LOL!! We I have that sheite stuck under my cuticles this very moment!

Remember, it don't mean a THANG without that sweet M4 TWANG!
I had hard shell ear protectors on - usually don't wear ear protection shooting an AR so I may have not noted it before
the right shell was pressing up against the buttstock
pulled the trigger and never hear the muzzle - just this TWAGGGG
vibrated through the ear protectors, into my brain, acoustic wave bounced around the inside of my brain and caused my eyes to cross
after the carbine settled down, my ears were still ringing with that M4 TWAGGGG
a Tubb spring is completely quiet

I have a can of the high temp Never-Seeze that I use to coat the inside of my .22 Sparrow suppressors internal clam shells and no matter how hard I try to keep it off everything else while I'm assembling the can, it still gets on anything within three feet.

I acquired this for my M27 clone:
Adams Arms piston drive
16" P3 bbl
H2 buffer
69 gn IMI ammo
David Tubb flat wire spring

I was happy with this rifle, just wanted to try something new - sitting here board in my retirement

installed the Geissele Super 42 spring with proprietary Geissele H2 buffer
was not happy at all
with the H2 buffer, I experienced several FTF and would not lock back on last round - an H1 buffer may have solved this
BUT - I now have that annoying M4 "TWANGGGG" from the buttstock during cycling
the Tubb flat wire spring is completely silent

put the Tubb spring back in with it's H2 buffer, with same ammo, and everything worked fine and quietly

an H1 buffer or removing one of the tungsten weights in the H2 buffer would probably solve the cycling issue
but I hate that M4 "TWANGGG" when it cycles

View attachment 1085362
Tubb's is the way to go for sure

now several of my carbines are piston drive and get no gas or carbon in the chamber, but my D.I. carbine collects carbon in the butt stock tubes from blowback gas
does this cause an issue with the grease in there?

Geissele states you have to use their buffer with their Super 42 braided carbine spring due to internal diameter of the spring

so happens I had a Spike's Tactical T-1 tungsten powder buffer in my parts box

a slow foggy afternoon on the property - found it fits in the Geissele spring - installed it in my old commercial over gassed M4 clone

shot a 20 rnd mag of LC 55 gn FMJ at 35 yrds

Timney single stage trigger

illuminated LPVO at 4:45 this evening in low light

in 5 years, this carbine has never shot so smooth and flat

as fast as I could pull the trigger, the illuminated reticle never left the black

this is a winning combination for me

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads