JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The idea that the rich provide the jobs is false. You are falling for the most current political propaganda. The middle class that consumes the goods provides jobs. Small businesses that cater to the middle class provide jobs. The rich do not create demand. Especially not the wealthy of today who are mostly legacy wealthy. The rich especially do not create living wage jobs.
Well Playboy we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. In my opinion it's you that's drinking the coolaid.

The average is between $19-$25 and hour with a masters degree after several years of service. Would you call that paid well? I guess it is all relative. if you are busting your *** at Wal-Mart for minimum wage it probably seems like a lot. If you are pulling down $500k a year as a token "consultant" for a big corporation because you voted the way you were told when you were in offfice it seems like chicken feed. Most nurses will start at a higher wage than that with just a 2 year nursing degree. Speaking as someone that has done it, I can tell you that is not nearly enough to put up with other people's rotten kids.

I tell ya what I will start feeling sorry for teachers when they start voting for merit based pay increases and stop voting for general wage increases. The teachers union doesn't spend their political capital worrying about wages they usually are worried about getting imunity from layoffs and boosting their retirement but boy when they get money for raises they don't want it tied to performance.

BTW this is coming from someone who left good a union job in which pay was tied to senority for a job with merit base pay and now I'm doing just fine and I'm much happier knowing that the under performers are getting paid less

The average is between $19-$25 and hour with a masters degree after several years of service. Would you call that paid well? I guess it is all relative. if you are busting your *** at Wal-Mart for minimum wage it probably seems like a lot. If you are pulling down $500k a year as a token "consultant" for a big corporation because you voted the way you were told when you were in offfice it seems like chicken feed. Most nurses will start at a higher wage than that with just a 2 year nursing degree. Speaking as someone that has done it, I can tell you that is not nearly enough to put up with other people's rotten kids.

Its called market forces (sans the corrupt politician of course). On top of that, public schools have a near monopoly and a captive audience no less. You'd probably have to put up less with those rotten kids if their parents had to pay directly instead of it being subsidized by property taxes and lottery taxes.

Its called market forces (sans the corrupt politician of course). On top of that, public schools have a near monopoly and a captive audience no less. You'd probably have to put up less with those rotten kids if their parents had to pay directly instead of it being subsidized by property taxes and lottery taxes.

Actually I think you mean I would have had to put up with less kids. Not put up with them less. because if that was how it worked the masses would become an uneducated labor force. Just look at other countries to see how that works out for 95% of the population. Just for the record, how do market forces affect schools?

Actually I think you mean I would have had to put up with less kids. Not put up with them less. because if that was how it worked the masses would become an uneducated labor force. Just look at other countries to see how that works out for 95% of the population. Just for the record, how do market forces affect schools?

Yeah you're right, less kids for sure. I no longer subscribe to the gov school propaganda that we'd have a mega uneducated workforce if it wasn't for public schools. How'd that all work before public education anyhow? Given modern technology, specifically the internet it is even easier to get educated about many subjects.

What I meant by market forces was how much teachers are paid and the near monopoly of public schools. Some jobs are just valued more in society. Teachers aren't that high on the list. Combine that with budget problems and a glut of teachers and you have low pay in some cases. You open up the market to competition, you might see salaries rise. Public schools have little incentive to get better, all they care about is bums on seats, to get their maximum amount of public tax money.

I'll take my chances with an uneducated workforce when the current one is maleducated at best and has lead to girls being arrested or suspended for taking advil on campus without nurse's permission, students banned from graduation for butter knives in their locked cards or boys being suspended for "pizza guns" and plastic guns from gi joe dolls.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top