JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked A box of this Swiss made ammo to try. Other calibers of this brand I've fired have been great. I loaded a mag of it in my 20" AR and it short cycled And FTF'd for 5 rounds. I dropped the mag, stuck it in my 20 year old carbine and it ran like a dream with great accuracy.
It's the first malfunction of any ammo in this rifle, including a couple thousand of my handloads. Has anyone tried this stuff in a 20" AR ?

Weird. No idea about the ammo. Sounds like they arent very hot and im guessing your hand loads are atomic. On the rifle side of things, what other specs or rifle brand? Do you have anything that is outside of milspec. Like adjustable gas port? Or maybe a heavy buffer or spring that might cause a short stroke in a lesser ammo? Is this a direct gas gun? Maybe all those dirty handloads have plugged up the gas tube or gas port. Just throwing out some rhetoric when its probable just the ammo. :)

LOL. Handloads are below max because they print nicely with the charge. IMR 4895 doesn't seem to burn dirty, and the rifle gets a good cleaning after every day of use.
The rifle is a DPMS upper heavy barrel with a SA Rguns BCG and milspec rifle stock/buffer assembly. A2 front sight, standard rifle stuff that is all pre-panic and has never malfunctioned before or since I tried this ammo. I've run almost everything you can get from a store through it except for steel cased and this is the first that didn't work in this weapon. That's what got me wondering about others' experience with the ammo.

I'll give you the last 10 out of the box if you run it in a AR rifle.
I am wondering if it's charged with a fast powder for short barrels and is undergassing a rifle length gas port. I'll write the manufacturer and see if they have an answer.

Since it was designed to run in the Sig 556, a piston gun, it is probably charged on the light side to give better accuracy.

I'm willing to bet they will write back with "Vehr did yoo git unser ammo?"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads