JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The 1968 Gun Control Act: 50 Years of Federal Gun Control | Jose Nino

This week marks the 50th anniversary of the passage of the Gun Control Act of 1968. The GCA is the main federal law that governs the interstate commerce of firearms in the United States. Specifically, the GCA prohibits firearms commerce across state lines except between licensed manufacturers, dealers, and importers. Under the GCA, any individual or company that wants to partake in commercial activity dealing with the manufacture or importation of firearms and ammunition or the interstate and intrastate sale of firearms must possess a Federal Firearms License (FFL).

Procedural jargon notwithstanding, the enactment of 1968 GCA was a watershed moment in US politics. It was the first piece of legislation that put the gun control debate on the map.

See also:
"In 1934, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signed the National Firearms Act of 1934 into law. "
"In 1938, This NFA was followed up by the Federal Firearms Act of 1938, "
"In 1993, Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993. "

Miss Brown's Party better be careful with her next rounds of bills :rolleyes: If somehow, the next bills specifically categorizes all semiautomatic firearm owners as felons if they fail to egister and comply... then perhaps the Haynes Decision could protect us? :confused: Not sure how it's gonna apply in cases where "What was formerly legal, is now a felony crime" regarding firearms.

Miss Brown's Party better be careful with her next rounds of bills :rolleyes: If somehow, the next bills specifically categorizes all semiautomatic firearm owners as felons if they fail to egister and comply... then perhaps the Haynes Decision could protect us? :confused: Not sure how it's gonna apply in cases where "What was formerly legal, is now a felony crime" regarding firearms.

Then they can fill the prisons full of better skilled people that they can make work for 35 cents a hour and let all the criminals Rome the streets .she was just bragging about affordable housing . And free abotions for illegal aliens.

Last Edited:
Then they can fill the prisons full of better skilled people that they can make work for 35 cents a hour and let all the criminals Rome the streets .she was just bragging about affordable housing . And free abotions for illigal aliens.

Good point, unless an organized alarm like a powder alarm that they might come for our powder is created. And a network of people that can be ready on a minutes notice to react to such an alarm.

Those guys would have to be ready in a really short time though, like in a minute. They could be called minute men.

*Sigh*

Good ol days.

I think it was XKCD who found that the speed of social media (tweets/posts) was in fact faster than speed of light during the Indonesian tsunami event...... In that it spread at such a rate, at a speed, that somehow it ended up that someone on the other side of the world got the news of it live, at a speed that superseded the speed of light somehow. if somehow, one could set up a similarly fast social network oriented to freedom and liberty..perhaps somewhere in the Dark Web....:rolleyes: Perhaps the Liberty watchers and guards could be similarly fast in terms of receiving news and responses in reaction to certain abuses?

. if somehow, one could set up a similarly fast social network oriented to freedom and liberty..perhaps somewhere in the Dark Web....:rolleyes: Perhaps the Liberty watchers and guards could be similarly fast in terms of receiving news and responses in reaction to certain abuses?

You mean like this?

diasporafoundation.org

I think there is an Oregon law against organizing for freedom or something similar though. But I cant really rememeber the details and yer just lucky I can type after two glasses of wine.

Back to the thread of what are you drinking tonight ;p

There is indeed an Oregon law prohibiting the organization of paramilitary/militia groups, after the Rasheed(spelling/name?) bioterror incident in the 80s. (How that law has not been used against the Antifa, I'll only guess that its because it's sanctioned by the Party Apparatchiks :rolleyes:)

There is indeed an Oregon law prohibiting the organization of paramilitary/militia groups, after the Rasheed(spelling/name?) bioterror incident in the 80s. (How that law has not been used against the Antifa, I'll only guess that its because it's sanctioned by the Party Apparatchiks :rolleyes:)

Is it a felony? Because if it is Haynes vs the United States may come into play there.

Couldn't resist.

I mean that has got to be the most unpatriotic thing ever though am I right?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State"

Oh wait sorry guys organization of this militia is prohibited by law so guess we just have to pack it in and go home.

Anybody got some tea and crumpets? I hear there's tons of freebies in the ocean.

Is it a felony? Because if it is Haynes vs the United States may come into play there.

Couldn't resist.

I mean that has got to be the most unpatriotic thing ever though am I right?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State"

Oh wait sorry guys organization of this militia is prohibited by law so guess we just have to pack it in and go home.

Anybody got some tea and crumpets? I hear there's tons of freebies in the ocean.
I think the State's tepid excuse of an interpretation was that a militia/paramilitary group created without the approval nor control of the State, is thus not covered under the 2nd Amendment :rolleyes: I mean, we do indeed have an Oregon State Defense Force that's not officially a part of the Army/Air National Guard but augments and assists or replace them :rolleyes: Officially the Oregon State Defense Force is the Official State Militia, which the State considers to meet the Militia part of the 2nd Amendment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top