JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey don't throw logic and facts at me ! Just kidding.
Thanks for pointing out your observation Lance.
Andy

Well, I sure wish that this was indeed true. However, I admit that I am becoming pessimistic about gun rights in our country.

It seems like we have as much chance of fighting this gun control wave as we would fighting a Tsunami:

1058754238_1377567536.jpg

This could be the beginning of the end of widespread gun ownership in our nation.

Americans are going to have to adjust to living like people in other nations do.

I dont care whatpeople do in their personal life. if i am left alone and they support my rights then i support their right to be whoever they want to be and its none of my business just like my business is none of theirs. and by "theirs and they" i am talking about people in general. most people just want to be left alone, but gov. always feels like it needs a hand in EVERYTHING. "#donttreadonme"

I dont care whatpeople do in their personal life. if i am left alone and they support my rights then i support their right to be whoever they want to be and its none of my business just like my business is none of theirs. and by "theirs and they" i am talking about people in general. most people just want to be left alone, but gov. always feels like it needs a hand in EVERYTHING. "#donttreadonme"

But government wants to know everything that there is to know about you. Have you not filled out a US Census form recently? What does it NOT ask about you??

Soon the government will want to know what guns you own, and how much ammo you are buying too. It looks like everyone is going to have to give in eventually to registering their guns. And then after that, we will only be allowed to keep guns that the government says are OK to own.

But government wants to know everything that there is to know about you. Have you not filled out a US Census form recently? What does it NOT ask about you??

Soon the government will want to know what guns you own, and how much ammo you are buying too. It looks like everyone is going to have to give in eventually to registering their guns. And then after that, we will only be allowed to keep guns that the government says are OK to own.
im sticking to my guns being lost in a dogsledding accident.

This seems like an anecdotal report at best, reported by straight people. Did you see one single person in the video who identified himself as being gay or lesbian?? I sure didn't.

What we need to see is real evidence that Gays are actually buying guns. And that story does not provide it. While one would expect that Gays would be a group that would be interested in self-defense, I think just the opposite is unfortunately true.

Take a look at the Pink Pistols Facebook page. Pink Pistols was also a plaintiff in a big recent pro-gun, pro-carry courts case. Don't have the particulars in front of me right now.

As I said earlier, my current most frequent range buddy is lesbian. After the Orlando massacre she is looking into concealed carry.

She and others grouse about the "Gay Gestapo" meaning the LGBT organizations representing the leftist viewpoint and being touted as representing "ALL" LGBT in the news media. Their complaint is that those people try to enforce the leftist agenda on LGBT in the same way as conservative black people are attacked for being "Uncle Toms", not black enough or "oreos".

Maybe more LGBT with be coming out of the closet in a new sense of the phrase.

This could be the beginning of the end of widespread gun ownership in our nation.

Americans are going to have to adjust to living like people in other nations do.

Sorry, but with a defeatist statement like that, it sounds like you're just willing to give up; it sounds like the last bleats of a sheep. I understand you may be trying to reconcile what you see as inevitable, but I just don't agree with your sentiment. There are too many of us who won't roll over and throw our hands up like France in WWII (among many examples throughout history). Outside of believing our rights are inalienable, we must practice and maintain them as inalienable or it's just some bluster and rhetoric. Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul and I will never relinquish my soul to any enemy. That may be over-dramatic for some, but for me that's the deal.

Gays are our families, our neighbors and friends, and they are no more a single identity or stereotype than any other spectrum of American culture. My Aunts lived on the rez through the end of their lives, and were some of the best people I've ever known, smarter and stronger than most; our tribe always has accepted them and honored them. They are two of my heroes and I know they would never capitulate to anyone threatening them; in fact, in their lives as lesbians and natives, they stood up to more hate, prejudice, and violence than most people see in their lifetimes. They never gave up, and neither will I nor my fellow tribe members, and we have survived through extermination, assimilation, and negation, yet we are still here.

Accept the tyranny of anyone forcing their beliefs on us, taking away our guns? Yeah, right. Come and take it.

Good that you specify "mostly left". My most frequent range buddy right now is a self proclaimed redneck lesbian and Trump fan from the beginning. Check out the Pink Pistols Facebook site--not Democrat friendly.
I don't really care one way or another what anybody's sexual persuasion might be. A good neighbor, friend, brother, cousin, coworker etc is just that. Wrap that up under "American" and you've got something. When I signed on the dotted line, swore to protect and defend, it was for all Americans.

The key to winning this and any other issue that's important to you is making allies with the people with whom you don't agree on some other topics.

The mucky-mucks in Salem, Olympia, Boise, and D.C. can ignore a divided electorate, and they do it all the time. But when gun-toting lefties and gun-toting righties combine their influence and votes, you get a group that none of them can ignore.

Whether we agree or disagree with them (or each other) on faith or reproductive issues or climate change makes no difference whatsoever. What matters is combining forces to win the 2A battles in the legislature.

This is the way forward and is the future.

The key to winning this and any other issue that's important to you is making allies with the people with whom you don't agree on some other topics.

The mucky-mucks in Salem, Olympia, Boise, and D.C. can ignore a divided electorate, and they do it all the time. But when gun-toting lefties and gun-toting righties combine their influence and votes, you get a group that none of them can ignore.

Whether we agree or disagree with them (or each other) on faith or reproductive issues or climate change makes no difference whatsoever. What matters is combining forces to win the 2A battles in the legislature.

This is the way forward and is the future.

I don't think this can be stressed enough. For many 2A supporters this also means not alienating whole subsections of voters with the overt condescendence and condemnation of a given groups other political opinions and lifestyles.

Game face guys, game face.

Why in the world does everyone need their own personal sexual preference label? I have yet to see a headline screaming that "guys that like boobs and butts are buying more guns".

That's because it is not news. ;)

Folks, do try to avoid defeatism. No battle was ever won, with a defeatist attitude.

This seems like an anecdotal report at best, reported by straight people. Did you see one single person in the video who identified himself as being gay or lesbian?? I sure didn't.

What we need to see is real evidence that Gays are actually buying guns. And that story does not provide it. While one would expect that Gays would be a group that would be interested in self-defense, I think just the opposite is unfortunately true.

Do you know a single gay or lesbian that has bought a gun recently??

Most press reports that I have seen recently say that the LGBT community is now solidly behind the growing national gun control movement:

Leading gay rights group joins gun control fight (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/283935-human-rights-campaign-joins-gun-control-fight)

Glad this thread came up. I recently had the pleasure of meeting a couple of ladies that were interested in purchasing their first fire arm! They're wanting an around the house gun for protection as they live outside the metro area a bit. I was thrilled to be asked to help with a little education, dream come true kinda thing! So, Wifey and loaded up a bag with nine handguns of varying sizes and styles and headed to their home. I didn't have time to get a bunch of literature together. I couldn't find the study sheet from my concealed carry class but I did print out the four supreme rules of firearm safety.

It was sure fun. One of the gals had no experience handling fire arms and the other had a dad that had guns around the house when she was little, so she was more comfortable with the guns. So now they have some confidence and an idea of where and how to go about the fun of fondling all kinds of guns at different shops.

Now the best thing is, they have of 20 acres of land! If I'm lucky they'll find something and set up a safe place to shoot on their property and I'll get to be a part of that too!

We are in trouble if we allow gun ownership to become the sole province of middle-aged white hetero men. We need to make a lot more people feel welcome in the tent. Whatever opinions you may have on gay rights or minorities, when it comes to gun ownership we need to set them aside and do everything we can to broaden the gun-owning demographic. That would include, in my opinion, avoiding the use of the word "gay" as a slur as I have seen recently on this forum. Its not about political correctness, its about encouraging potential allies to join the gun owning community.

We are in trouble if we allow gun ownership to become the sole province of middle-aged white hetero men. We need to make a lot more people feel welcome in the tent. Whatever opinions you may have on gay rights or minorities, when it comes to gun ownership we need to set them aside and do everything we can to broaden the gun-owning demographic. That would include, in my opinion, avoiding the use of the word "gay" as a slur as I have seen recently on this forum. Its not about political correctness, its about encouraging potential allies to join the gun owning community.

I'll have you know I hate EVERYONE equally, and knowing ANYONE could be armed keeps my hate in check! ;)

(Of course I'm kidding about the, "keeping my hate in check" part! :D)

This is the link to "Operation Blazing Sword" from the Pink Pistols web site:
Security Check Required (https://www.facebook.com/OperationBlazingSword/)

This is an excellent opportunity for outreach from the gun community to educate others and gain allies. No matter what you feel personally about LGBTQ, everyone has the right to defend themselves and I would prefer that they do so with knowledge.

I think it's also important to show others outside the gun culture that we don't fit into the negative stereotypes created by our enemies, no different than what they experience themselves.

I'm not an instructor, but I'd be more than happy to assist anyone in the Portland area who wants to participate including helping with firearms, ammo, range fees, and protective gear.

Without outreach to these and other groups our gun rights will die. It may be slow, but die it will.

I just threw my name into the hat for operation blazing sword- I think it's a great idea! First, it gets guns and shooting experience into the hands of people who may not have had a chance to every try shooting, second, I think it's a great opportunity to show that not all gun owners are hateful xenophobes!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top