JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The question was posed some time back when this all got going. This is a small sample here of some reasoning and thinking on it.

http://bearingarms.com/scotus-ruling-sex-marriage-mandates-nationwide-concealed-carry-reciprocity/

And now the SCOTUS has established the legal precedent that marriages (and the licenses thereof) are now legal in all 50 states.

Methinks that there is going to be a move very soon to pose these questions:

1) How can the State of (insert libturd commie province/location here) be required to recognize my marriage and my driver's license if I am there, but not my CHL?

2) How can the State of (insert libturd commie province/location here) recognize my 14th Amendment right to marry who I choose, but deny me my 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

These questions going forward are likely to be seen in a case to the SCOTUS (Like Heller and McDonald) and going forward, I feel confident that National Concealed Carry, through the recognition of CHLs in all states will be something we see in our lifetime.

You have inserted logic where only emotions reside.

Divide by zero.

divby0.jpeg

If private business cannot deny serivice then I can carry ANYWHERE I choose aside from antigun government zones.

Its my lifestyle and people need to be tolerant. EVEN IF IT GOES AGAINST THEIR BELIEFS.

Why can some gain new rights that infinge on ithers beliefs yet some groups are having their rights stripped away?

The question was posed some time back when this all got going. This is a small sample here of some reasoning and thinking on it.

http://bearingarms.com/scotus-ruling-sex-marriage-mandates-nationwide-concealed-carry-reciprocity/

And now the SCOTUS has established the legal precedent that marriages (and the licenses thereof) are now legal in all 50 states.

Methinks that there is going to be a move very soon to pose these questions:

1) How can the State of (insert libturd commie province/location here) be required to recognize my marriage and my driver's license if I am there, but not my CHL?

2) How can the State of (insert libturd commie province/location here) recognize my 14th Amendment right to marry who I choose, but deny me my 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

These questions going forward are likely to be seen in a case to the SCOTUS (Like Heller and McDonald) and going forward, I feel confident that National Concealed Carry, through the recognition of CHLs in all states will be something we see in our lifetime.
Sadly, that might be how they pass a national handgun registration and liability bill. Amd the fudds are just stupid enough to eat it up just so they can go from one state to another with a pistol on their hip..

While I share your enthusiasm for such rulings and legislation, I am afraid I will grow old watching my children's 2A Rights slip away.
I would say our 2nd Amendment rights are stronger now then they were 30 years ago. We have 2 Supreme Court rulings in our favor, "shall issue" carry permits are available in all but a handful of states, and sales of guns and ammo are at an all-time high. I'm not saying everything is perfect, but there are a bunch of people in Chicago and Washington DC who would say things are certainly headed in the right direction.

I would say our 2nd Amendment rights are stronger now then they were 30 years ago. We have 2 Supreme Court rulings in our favor, "shall issue" carry permits are available in all but a handful of states, and sales of guns and ammo are at an all-time high. I'm not saying everything is perfect, but there are a bunch of people in Chicago and Washington DC who would say things are certainly headed in the right direction.

I've been saying this for YEARS. Gun rights in America are at an all time high. My father was a card carrying member of the NRA during the periods before the NRA became a lobbying wing for the manufacturers and the secondary industry. Back when the NRA was Veterans and Law enforcement... long long before the civilian shooting market exploded.

The very fact that 2a has survived all of these mass shootings is an example to the strength of the lobbying power and the fact that gun ownership has risen.

BTW this goes back to many of my combative points about gun popularity and ownership = to more morons with no training versus back to an NRA that was about professionalism.

Sadly, that might be how they pass a national handgun registration and liability bill. Amd the fudds are just stupid enough to eat it up just so they can go from one state to another with a pistol on their hip..

I am optimistic that this isn't going to happen. Since marriage is a "civil right" that now can't be denied under the 14th Amendment, and must be recognized in every state; it sure is going to be hard, based upon that precedent for New York to say that they aren't going to recognize my "civil right" to carry a gun for self defense.

I am popping some corn and watching the show when it gets rolling. It will be fun watching the heads of every libturd explode as they try to work their way around the premise. :D

....... The SCOTUS ruling only prohibits states from banning gay weddings, it does not require any church or other private entity to honor them.......

I think you're wrong about private entities, especially businesses, and specifically insurance companies.

And in that respect, this could be a valid argument for an end to gun free zones since it impacts people with certain beliefs.

Great!

You guys are forgetting something. One word.

A. G. E. N. D. A.

I don't think so but there may be another catch to think about.
Lawyers have a license to practice law in the states where they pass the bar. Otherwise they can not practice law in that location. Carrying concealed may operate the same way in the future.
It might come to pass that all citizens will have a right to meet the requirements in a given state to carry some day. If something is a right, then there must be a means to exercise it.

I always enjoy the back and forth on "state's rights". Back in the 60's it was the tool of segregation. In the 90's it was touted for assisted suicide. More recently for pot legalization. Now that state's rights are trumped for gay marriage we see a positive in concealed carry. It could just as easily be a negative against concealed carry (or a certain type of ammo, or magazine size, or...).

When discussing state's rights and federal powers, it is important to mentally divorce it from the specific issue at hand and focus on the political structure alone.

If private business cannot deny serivice then I can carry ANYWHERE I choose aside from antigun government zones.

Its my lifestyle and people need to be tolerant. EVEN IF IT GOES AGAINST THEIR BELIEFS.

Why can some gain new rights that infinge on ithers beliefs yet some groups are having their rights stripped away?
I think you've hit on the solution. As soon as you adopt the designation as ammosexual, you can carry anywhere you want. Objections would be considered discrimination and/or possibly a hate crime;).
Beat the antis at their own game. Control the language.

All this just shows me is that SCOTUS is no longer doing their jobs. This and the ACA ruling the day before tells me they are no longer ruling on the law or constitution but on their emotions and public opinion. Does not look good for us in the future. They are now making laws just like Obama. We no longer have 3 branches of goverment.

Scotus +politics - logic (logic in scotus nowadays is non existent) = no national cc

Obamacare should now be called scotuscare
Because of how they came to their ruling

i don't understand why everyone is concentrating on concealed carry. the manner in which the 14th amendment was applied to legalize gay marriage, could be used to rollback any/all state level gun control laws--such as "universal background checks."

unless the federal government passes a law on "universal background checks," then the states no longer have the authority (per the 14th amendment) to impose restriction upon their people.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top