JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a general rule, Republican office holders have - at best - been indifferent to gay rights and - at worst - have been openly hostile to them, while Democratic office holders support them. As a general rule, Republicans claim to support 2A rights while Democratic office holders have - at best - been indifferent to 2A rights and - at worst - have been openly hostile to them.

I don't see gays becoming single issue, 2A voters supporting Republican candidates merely because they've purchased a gun. Day-to-day, there are much more pressing issues affecting gays than 2A rights, and I expect that those day-to-day issues would direct how they vote, i.e., for Democrats that support the issues that most directly affect them.

Paulette Jordan, who is running for Idaho governor, is blurring these party lines. She is a pro-gun progressive democrat. Mind you, "progressive democrat" in Idaho is a lot different than "progressive democrat" in Oregon. She's also a catholic that supports lgbtq rights. Really, my take is that she supports freedom period, and I can definitely get behind that.

Her take on gun control:

Democrat in NC used to mean differently than Democrat anywhere else... We used to have pro-gun democrats here, not anymore... Only thing keeping our governor from implementing anti-gun laws is that we have a Republican majority.

Democrat in NC used to mean differently than Democrat anywhere else... We used to have pro-gun democrats here, not anymore... Only thing keeping our governor from implementing anti-gun laws is that we have a Republican majority.
Which 15 years ago probably was Democrat by label. All my relatives have switched parties without changing their views. (Tarheel by birth and ~500 years of ancestry)

NY Post of all places getting the message out. Now that gun ownership is becoming important to the gay community hopefully they will vote to support it. As indicated in the article, the gun is a great equalizer when it comes to their safety against those who want to hurt them.
2A is important to every group in America, not just straight conservative white males. Too bad that the left keeps voting to reduce/eliminate 2A rights. I hope they get that.
https://nypost.com/2018/06/12/gay-americans-are-arming-themselves-to-stay-alive/

I recall awhile ago that after the Pulse Club shooting Milo Yiannopoulos had gone on a spree about Gays using guns to protect themselves and aligning closer to Trumps campaign since they felt they were being targeted.

Gun Sales Among Lesbians And Gays Surge After Milo's Call For Self-Defence | Breitbart

As a general rule, Republican office holders have - at best - been indifferent to gay rights and - at worst - have been openly hostile to them, while Democratic office holders support them. As a general rule, Republicans claim to support 2A rights while Democratic office holders have - at best - been indifferent to 2A rights and - at worst - have been openly hostile to them.

I don't see gays becoming single issue, 2A voters supporting Republican candidates merely because they've purchased a gun. Day-to-day, there are much more pressing issues affecting gays than 2A rights, and I expect that those day-to-day issues would direct how they vote, i.e., for Democrats that support the issues that most directly affect them.
Basically if they want to embrace 2A like the rest of us then it will come down to a one issue vote. If they vote any other way on the West coast then they should realize that their 2A rights are being whittled away. It's just the reality of the matter.

So, back to the OP's topic. As I stated earlier, I'm glad to see gays interested in owning guns. But I'm glad to also see women owning guns. I'm glad to see blacks owning guns. I'm glad to see any American, exercising their right, under the 2nd amendment, to own guns. In this case, I really do think, the more, the merrier.

That said, I think it's extremely important that all gun owners, regardless of any qualifier of race, gender, etc.,
etc., be aware that there are some really serious attacks,
by a lot of people and special interest groups, on those rights. And most of those attacks are coming from Democrats and those that back them. I only hope those groups that have been traditionally considered part of the Democrat party, as have certain minorities, LGBTQ, etc., realize that they are helping to support these
attacks, whether intentionally or not, by continuing to vote for Democrat policies and politicians. Yes, there are pro-gun Democrats, we have a good one here in Oregon - and certainly, we can, and should, support them, but they are rare, and on a very large scale, the Democrat party has become the anti-gun party. So my hope is this
- those groups that are recognizing the importance of gun ownership for their own defense, sport, etc., will continue to grow and as they do, exert their political influence against the party that wants to disarm them. I get that they're not going to become Republicans just for gun rights, but they can punish the Democrats that seek
to restrict the 2A by either removing them from office, or putting so much pressure on them that they have no choice but to back away from anti-gun legislation.

I remember when both Democrats and Republicans generally supported the rights of gun owners. Why the
Democrats decided to attack a core right in the BOR is beyond me. But that's what they've embraced and run with. I can only hope those that consider themselves part of that party will band together with others in their party that support the 2nd and get rid of the folks that seek to take our rights away.

And that's all I have to say about that.
The commonality of law abiding gun owners is that we do follow the laws because we don't want to lose our rights. That right there is a tremendous glue for the diverse
fabric of our society. As law abiding gun owners, we all start each day with that piece of the Constitution in each step we take. Doesn't matter who we are or what our lifestyle is. What matters is that we all recognize the importance of 2A and how it applies equally.

Last Edited:
Which 15 years ago probably was Democrat by label. All my relatives have switched parties without changing their views. (Tarheel by birth and ~500 years of ancestry)
I switched from Democrat to Republican, and now just Republican because I don't feel like changing it to libertarian since it doesn't make much of a difference. I used to be anti-gun, used to want health care, now I don't. If anything, I want a smaller government, with more liberty to the people. Gay, straight, white, black, or w/e there ought to be more liberty among the people. That also means less restrictions on our 2A rights.

I switched from Democrat to Republican, and now just Republican because I don't feel like changing it to libertarian since it doesn't make much of a difference. I used to be anti-gun, used to want health care, now I don't. If anything, I want a smaller government, with more liberty to the people. Gay, straight, white, black, or w/e there ought to be more liberty among the people. That also means less restrictions on our 2A rights.
I think he meant he used to vote for the clowns;)

If we voted for clowns like me, the world would be a more laugh filled place.

Though I think people might need to get used to wearing clown make up on a daily basis. Part of the New Clown Order you know. :rolleyes:

Just like how hispanic and latinos vote democrat despite their mostly Catholic values. Politics creates strange bedfellows.

They vote Democratic because the Republican Party and the Republican base have made it very clear that their kind is not welcome not only in the party but in the country as a whole.

I mean, its not like they went and said deport the ones who came in legally. Then again, say one thing political and someone will take it out of context... Happens all the time when politics comes up on WoW at least.

They vote Democratic because the Republican Party and the Republican base have made it very clear that their kind is not welcome not only in the party but in the country as a whole.
That isn't true. You are not welcome if you aren't willing to become a citizen and assimilate and become a productive member of society.

Most all of our ancestors came from other lands. Our families worked hard and assimilated into the American way of life.

I was born in South Korea, was on a farm for a while. Then went to Guam... When we came here, I only had a democrat view as a teenager because the media. However, no republican ever made me feel unwelcome. Yes, they even knew I came from another country. I went Republican because I stopped being scared of guns, stop believing the BS.

I might be more libertarian now, but the Republican party hasn't done anything to make me feel unwelcome.

That isn't true. You are not welcome if you aren't willing to become a citizen and assimilate and become a productive member of society.

Most all of our ancestors came from other lands. Our families worked hard and assimilated into the American way of life.

Illegal aliens cannot become citizens under current US policy. The overwhelmingly vast majority as in lots-a-most-if not all of hispanics who came to this country in the last 20-30 years didnt come in the traditional apply for a visa and become a citizen method that the rest of us consider the norm. They came illegally and were amnestied under Reagan or are in communities where even if they are citizens they are surrounded by their families, friends etc who didn't come here legally and are the typical illegal aliens. Ive worked with them, I live around them , I see them daily. Most are good people but there is no way for them to become legal in this country. The Rhetoric of the right is they want those people gone. Why would they want to be part of that?

My personal feeling is let them stay but on a tight leash. Give them work permits and let them live normally, pay taxes, have kids who are citizens but if you are here illegally yourself you should have a LIFETIME bar from citizenship.

Illegal aliens cannot become citizens under current US policy. The overwhelmingly vast majority as in lots-a-most-if not all of hispanics who came to this country in the last 20-30 years didnt come in the traditional apply for a visa and become a citizen method that the rest of us consider the norm. They came illegally and were amnestied under Reagan or are in communities where even if they are citizens they are surrounded by their families, friends etc who didn't come here legally and are the typical illegal aliens. Ive worked with them, I live around them , I see them daily. Most are good people but there is no way for them to become legal in this country. The Rhetoric of the right is they want those people gone. Why would they want to be part of that?

My personal feeling is let them stay but on a tight leash. Give them work permits and let them live normally, pay taxes, have kids who are citizens but if you are here illegally yourself you should have a LIFETIME bar from citizenship.

The only problem is that the rest of the people trying to get here legally end up getting shafted because of the resources going toward the illegals. My wife's parents were in the middle of a mass genocide and came here legally. It took years, but they did it.

The only problem is that the rest of the people trying to get here legally end up getting shafted because of the resources going toward the illegals. My wife's parents were in the middle of a mass genocide and came here legally. It took years, but they did it.

Yes, they get shafted . Such is life. Pretending like 10-15 million illegal aliens inside your borderss are going to go "home" and wait ten years to apply for legal papers isnt quite realistic though.

My wife came here legally, spent thousands of dollars an waited several years before she got her green card. She gets pissed every time she hears about everyone who jumped the process. On top of that, when we had our youngest kids, our insurance was lacking so we had to pay $7800 out of pocket for the two days she was in the hospital. They didn't even deliver it, out kid popped out on her own while nobody was in the room. Meanwhile, there were pregnant illegals circling the ER waiting to drop their anchor baby. They had no SSN so they didn't have to pay anything and the hospital either didn't bill them or passed it off to the state or medicare, which happily paid for another Democrat voter. We had SSN's so if we didn't pay our credit would be ruined.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top