JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
gayguns.jpg

If the gay community starts getting heavily involved in firearms, it'll be interesting to see how the manufacturers start "tricking out the guns" to suit them ie different colors and shapes.

Last Edited:
If the gay community starts getting heavily involved in firearms, it'll interesting to see how the manufacturers start "tricking out the guns" so suit them
Yes of course there are conservative gays and they will likely vote conservative. But I am curious to see how the majority of the gay community who normally votes left will change or at least abstain their vote to protect their 2A rights. Surely we must all hang together or we will surely swing separately, as somebody importanter than I once said.

Voting with and for the Constitution secures rights for ALL. Not sure why that isn't clear to a majority of our country.
Probably because American's have been divided by politicians more so of late than in any other part of our history. If we can't figure out how to come together there will likely be blood in the streets. We have come too far as a nation to wind up like Venezuela.

This is not directed to any one person...But just a reminder to all....

Electronic communication is tricky at best...much understanding and knowledge , can be lost in a written only reply.
Tone...
Nuance..
Inflection...

One might do well to remember that what sounds like a good , funny , witty , or otherwise lighthearted remark...can "read" differently , when viewed only on a computer screen.

Also it is good to remember that the written word can appear to be "This or That" , "Black or White" as in "One or the other"...
Much meaning can be lost when a post is viewed in such stark outlooks.

Please note that I am not saying to not use humor in a reply , or not make a off the cuff remark...Nor alter your writing stye...
Nor am I saying that you can not comment on what or how you feel about what you have read....

Just that it might be a good idea :
To read aloud your post , see how it sounds versus how it "reads"...
Use what you know of the person and their previous posts to see if you can get a better understanding of their current post , which you wish to comment on...

The topic in the OP can be a minefield , filled with may pitfalls...it would be wise to re-read a post , and try to get a full understanding of the person and their post before "liking" or replying....

Thank you,
Andy

So, back to the OP's topic. As I stated earlier, I'm glad to see gays interested in owning guns. But I'm glad to also see women owning guns. I'm glad to see blacks owning guns. I'm glad to see any American, exercising their right, under the 2nd amendment, to own guns. In this case, I really do think, the more, the merrier.

That said, I think it's extremely important that all gun owners, regardless of any qualifier of race, gender, etc., etc., be aware that there are some really serious attacks, by a lot of people and special interest groups, on those rights. And most of those attacks are coming from Democrats and those that back them. I only hope those groups that have been traditionally considered part of the Democrat party, as have certain minorities, LGBTQ, etc., realize that they are helping to support these attacks, whether intentionally or not, by continuing to vote for Democrat policies and politicians. Yes, there are pro-gun Democrats, we have a good one here in Oregon - and certainly, we can, and should, support them, but they are rare, and on a very large scale, the Democrat party has become the anti-gun party. So my hope is this - those groups that are recognizing the importance of gun ownership for their own defense, sport, etc., will continue to grow and as they do, exert their political influence against the party that wants to disarm them. I get that they're not going to become Republicans just for gun rights, but they can punish the Democrats that seek to restrict the 2A by either removing them from office, or putting so much pressure on them that they have no choice but to back away from anti-gun legislation.

I remember when both Democrats and Republicans generally supported the rights of gun owners. Why the Democrats decided to attack a core right in the BOR is beyond me. But that's what they've embraced and run with. I can only hope those that consider themselves part of that party will band together with others in their party that support the 2nd and get rid of the folks that seek to take our rights away.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Hey, the more the merrier. Welcome aboard all responsible adults.

A few days ago NYT ran a story about Muslim American gun ownership being on the rise. This was similar in tone to the current article re: the gay community (racism, etc.) but overall positive for the shooting community. FWIW, I don't read NYT, but some of the people I follow on Twitter re-tweeted the story.

I'm excited to see how the leftist facade holds up as more women, religious minorities, people of color, and gay people leave the fold for various reasons. We'll see just how tolerant they are when people of color aren't behaving they way they want. Leftists love to lord over folks they think cannot possibly survive without their "help", which is both patronizing and demeaning. Then they turn around and make comments behind their backs... Living in Oregon and surrounded by leftists, I've heard more racist and bigoted slurs from the mouths of liberals than from anyone else, anywhere else.

Our community needs to continue to be welcoming to all shooters.

There was a thread a while back about the Pink Pistols. I read about it and found a local chapter on Facebook and offered to help anyone who wanted any advice on how to select a gun or how tobget training or where to shoot. Was basically told to pizz off.

I don't know the details of your situation there, but my advice to anyone is to try to be mindful of where the person/group you are trying to engage is coming from. I can imagine that a group like the Pink Pistols are subject to quite a bit of internet trolling and that because of it they may be hesitant to engage with people they don't know. If you are truly trying to help maybe reassess your approach and try again?

As a general rule, Republican office holders have - at best - been indifferent to gay rights and - at worst - have been openly hostile to them, while Democratic office holders support them. As a general rule, Republicans claim to support 2A rights while Democratic office holders have - at best - been indifferent to 2A rights and - at worst - have been openly hostile to them.

I don't see gays becoming single issue, 2A voters supporting Republican candidates merely because they've purchased a gun. Day-to-day, there are much more pressing issues affecting gays than 2A rights, and I expect that those day-to-day issues would direct how they vote, i.e., for Democrats that support the issues that most directly affect them.

I don't know the details of your situation there, but my advice to anyone is to try to be mindful of where the person/group you are trying to engage is coming from. I can imagine that a group like the Pink Pistols are subject to quite a bit of internet trolling and that because of it they may be hesitant to engage with people they don't know. If you are truly trying to help maybe reassess your approach and try again?

I sent them a copy of my department business card. Another officer and I both volunteered. Maybe they aren't LE friendly. Who knows. My dating life got me real good at dealin with rejection.

As a general rule, Republican office holders have - at best - been indifferent to gay rights and - at worst - have been openly hostile to them, while Democratic office holders support them. As a general rule, Republicans claim to support 2A rights while Democratic office holders have - at best - been indifferent to 2A rights and - at worst - have been openly hostile to them.

I don't see gays becoming single issue, 2A voters supporting Republican candidates merely because they've purchased a gun. Day-to-day, there are much more pressing issues affecting gays than 2A rights, and I expect that those day-to-day issues would direct how they vote, i.e., for Democrats that support the issues that most directly affect them.

Just like how hispanic and latinos vote democrat despite their mostly Catholic values. Politics creates strange bedfellows.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top