JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Check this honey out...

Ruger_M77RSI_.250Savage001.jpg

A custom Ruger M77 in .250 Savage.

Unfortunately, no longer available, but what about a Ruger American Compact in the same chambering.
Man that would be nice.

Dean

Last Edited:
Yeah, I have to agree, but the only 77's currently made are all odd calibers.
Check out the site. There's only like 3 offerings in the 77 line anymore.
I think a Savage 110 would be super sweet setup like that, too, but the 110 changed a few years ago and I don't feel its the same gun that it used to be.
Ruger American seems to be the best bet, but yeah, the lines are just quite as classic as with the older guns.

Dean

Lots of wood out there to roll your own. And I love them too!

81523BDD-EB34-401A-BBA1-889E4DC75341.jpeg

I think I've posted this picture a dozen times, but it's so damn pretty, I just can't help myself. I'd like to put a long stock on a sporter Springfield. I missed out on a beautiful custom several years ago and haven't stopped regretting it since...

I have a soft spot for mannlicher stocks as well. Several CZ 452 and 527 full stocks here. They just point so nice, and have a great feel to them.

Here is a pic of the most recently acquired, a CZ 527 in 22 Hornet.

4DFFD35C-1B9F-4CBD-ADCC-E72FA54D862E.jpeg

Lots of wood out there to roll your own. And I love them too!

View attachment 556090

I think I've posted this picture a dozen times, but it's so damn pretty, I just can't help myself. I'd like to put a long stock on a sporter Springfield. I missed out on a beautiful custom several years ago and haven't stopped regretting it since...
That pic is new to me, but what a nice piece of wood.
Do you happen to know what it is?
Great job. Sweet rifle! -b

Dean

I have a soft spot for mannlicher stocks as well. Several CZ 452 and 527 full stocks here. They just point so nice, and have a great feel to them.

Here is a pic of the most recently acquired, a CZ 527 in 22 Hornet.

View attachment 556120
Thanks for the reminder! I'd completely forgotten about CZ's Mannlicher's!
That would be cooler than the Ruger, in .250 Savage (or maybe 6.5x55!)....now I have to check out the website.
Thanks for the reminder!

Dean

That pic is new to me, but what a nice piece of wood.
Do you happen to know what it is?
Great job. Sweet rifle! -b

Dean
I believe it's Turkish walnut. It's a factory CZ stock, with some streaks in it. I have a couple others with tiger stripes; occasionally you will see a wood lottery winner CZ, but most of mine are more straight grained and plain.

Just walnut. What variety I have no idea. On a Swede Mauser I traded into years ago. My favorite deer rifle.

When I got it, it was covered in purple stain akin to the inside of a wine barrel and the had a plastic/epoxy/nasty finish. Couldn't see the grain until one day I had the rifle outside in the direct sun. I saw the grain in the sun. Up until then I had assumed it was stained birch or something. There are many, many hours to get it to this.

Just walnut. What variety I have no idea. On a Swede Mauser I traded into years ago. My favorite deer rifle.

When I got it, it was covered in purple stain akin to the inside of a wine barrel and the had a plastic/epoxy/nasty finish. Couldn't see the grain until one day I had the rifle outside in the direct sun. I saw the grain in the sun. Up until then I had assumed it was stained birch or something. There are many, many hours to get it to this.
You did a very nice job. The pistol grip treatment reminds me of the old Fajen stocks. Thanks for posting that pic. -b

Dean

You did a very nice job. The pistol grip treatment reminds me of the old Fajen stocks. Thanks for posting that pic. -b

Dean

I believe it's Turkish walnut. It's a factory CZ stock, with some streaks in it. I have a couple others with tiger stripes; occasionally you will see a wood lottery winner CZ, but most of mine are more straight grained and plain.

Sorry I didn't read your post closely and thought you were referring to the CZ.

Yes, that is a beauty Mountain Bear shared!

Yeah, I have to agree, but the only 77's currently made are all odd calibers.
Check out the site. There's only like 3 offerings in the 77 line anymore.
I think a Savage 110 would be super sweet setup like that, too, but the 110 changed a few years ago and I don't feel its the same gun that it used to be.
Ruger American seems to be the best bet, but yeah, the lines are just quite as classic as with the older guns.

Dean
Nah they got em in .308 and .30-06 too. They're just called Hawkeyes instead. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top