JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From my inslee notification bs email comes this...It's not directly related to firearms per se but...

Dan
.....................................................................................................................................
shutdown of restaurants, bars and limits on size of gatherings expanded
Gov. Jay Inslee released a statement tonight that further expands protections against COVID-19.
"Given the explosion of COVID-19 in our state and globally, I will sign a statewide emergency proclamation tomorrow to temporarily shut down restaurants, bars and entertainment and recreational facilities.
"Restaurants will be allowed to provide take-out and delivery services but no in-person dining will be permitted.
"The ban will not apply to grocery stores and pharmacies. Other retail outlets will have reduced occupancy.
"Additionally, all gatherings with over 50 participants are prohibited and all gatherings under 50 participants are prohibited unless previously announced criteria for public health and social distancing are met.
"These are very difficult decisions, but hours count here and very strong measures are necessary to slow the spread of the virus. I know there will be significant economic impacts to all our communities and we are looking at steps to help address those challenges.
"Tonight, after consultations with me and with the Department of Health, King County announced that they will be taking these actions immediately. King County has been the hotbed of this outbreak and has the largest population center in the state. I have spoken to Executive Dow Constantine and I applaud their decision to act quickly. We will do a joint media announcement with more details tomorrow morning.

I hope some civil rights group holds a 55 person meeting and asks the state to shut it down so they can sue and make law. When the government infringes on a fundamental right, such as freedom of association and freedom of religion, it must not only prove a compelling interest (which might be met here) but it must also prove that the law is narrowly tailored to achieve the justification. Trying to ban all 51+ gatherings, without regard to how far apart the attendees are, whether the attendees are screened for temperature beforehand, whether the attendees will be outdoors or indoors in close proximity, etc., would be challenging to defend.

He'll shut down businesses, put people out of work, provide tons of money to compensate people for their losses and then use it as an excuse to marshal his forces to pass sales tax increases and a state income tax which will never go away to cover the budget shortfalls caused by it.

Or so says my crystal ball... :cool:

I hope some civil rights group holds a 55 person meeting and asks the state to shut it down so they can sue and make law. When the government infringes on a fundamental right, such as freedom of association and freedom of religion, it must not only prove a compelling interest (which might be met here) but it must also prove that the law is narrowly tailored to achieve the justification. Trying to ban all 51+ gatherings, without regard to how far apart the attendees are, whether the attendees are screened for temperature beforehand, whether the attendees will be outdoors or indoors in close proximity, etc., would be challenging to defend.
In a state of emergency I believe laws can be suspended.

The emergency situation may provide the compelling interest to infringe on a fundamental right, but only if the law is narrowly tailored to meet the compelling interest's goals. Constitutional rights don't evaporate just because hard times are present, or because they interfere with government's easy preferences.

Any Politician/Leader is damned if they do or don't. Not a good situation at all.

If metro transportation is still moving 10's of thousands of people around the city, in close proximity to each other , sharing the same busses, on a daily basis, it won't make a hill of beans difference, but since rent / mortgages need to be paid. Property taxes and income taxes still need to be paid. People who were hurting before with slower business because of this already will be dead in the water now.

If you believe this;
The emergency situation may provide the compelling interest to infringe on a fundamental right, but only if the law is narrowly tailored to meet the compelling interest's goals. Constitutional rights don't evaporate just because hard times are present, or because they interfere with government's easy preferences.

it will get bumpy, because they do evaporate for period of time. The constitution right to gather that is toast. to free assembly.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top