JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not just Salmonberry. They are popping up all over the Tillamook Forest.

Anybody have any insight to this? Is the gate closed or just being installed? I didn't see anything on the Tillamook forest blog.

My guess, fire season is just around the corner and its a pretty popular spot for target shooting and a lot of target shooters still dont believe they can start fires target shooting. Ive also seen one campfire out there last summer during the fire ban.

Wonderful... not to say I haven't noticed the severe degree things are declining in "cleanliness" up this way. It's become a popular place to ditch anything you don't want in your possession. Also a lot of logging in that area...

Anybody have any insight to this? Is the gate closed or just being installed? I didn't see anything on the Tillamook forest blog.
Easier to shut down areas when they want for any reason. No need to justify it on their end really, though they could of pressured I imagine. ODF like any alphabet agency these days are using their discretion to "manage" these lands however they seem fit. It's simply easier to block access to an area than deal with the public. Covid did not do any wonders for public forest lands, more people frequented forests due to everything being closed. ODF was hurting due to budget restrictions. Their only source of revenue (logging companies) pressuring them to manage it "better" (in their favor) means increased restrictions on public use.

Easier to shut down areas when they want for any reason. No need to justify it on their end really, though they could of pressured I imagine. ODF like any alphabet agency these days are using their discretion to "manage" these lands however they seem fit. It's simply easier to block access to an area than deal with the public. Covid did not do any wonders for public forest lands, more people frequented forests due to everything being closed. ODF was hurting due to budget restrictions. Their only source of revenue (logging companies) pressuring them to manage it "better" (in their favor) means increased restrictions on public use.
Too bad about public charters...

Surprised to see the gate today, big, red, impossible to miss. I suspect, before long this area will no longer be available to recreational shooters. Between shooting down trees and leaving bonfire/campfire debris behind I can see where shooters will be locked out. Not to mention that back deeper in the covid debacle there was a reasonable amount of homeless camping as well.

During high fire danger times is logging suspended or just other recreational use of the land?

Surprised to see the gate today, big, red, impossible to miss. I suspect, before long this area will no longer be available to recreational shooters. Between shooting down trees and leaving bonfire/campfire debris behind I can see where shooters will be locked out. Not to mention that back deeper in the covid debacle there was a reasonable amount of homeless camping as well.

During high fire danger times is logging suspended or just other recreational use of the land?
If not, it definitely should be.

I'd much rather they enforce the laws than deny anyone access.
I agree tho, and assume the homeless, criminals, and dumpers are more to blame than anyone at this point.

Closed to motor vehicle traffic, but it's not like you can't stil make a day of it and hike your way in. Some of my favorite shooting locations are off the beaten path and always nice taking a stroll through the trees. Whip up a bit of lunch, a wee nap in the fresh air before heading back out to the concrete jungle, again.:s0155:

Closed to motor vehicle traffic, but it's not like you can't stil make a day of it and hike your way in. Some of my favorite shooting locations are off the beaten path and always nice taking a stroll through the trees. Whip up a bit of lunch, a wee nap in the fresh air before heading back out to the concrete jungle, again.:s0155:
Don't forget to leave an armed guard at your vehicle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top