JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know this is probably a dead fish but. Is the cost of buying a gas piston realy worth the benifet. If so would it be better to build a midlength upper usong a conversion kit or just buy one already built and were from?

J.P.

I'd start with 1 or 2 DI guns before bothering with a piston, especially since the piston market doesn't have any clear long-term winners yet, IMHO.

I'd get a factory midlength upper, preferrably a BCM like this. Get on the email notification and be quick: they sell out in minutes.

My LWRC piston runs nice and clean, but the price over a BCM makes that hard to justify, and it's heavy.

Madison I have owned several Di ARs my in addition to 14years and two combat deployments with the Military. A DI gun for the most part works just fine I was just wanting to try something different. I might even scrap the idea and buy a Daewoo rifle I have been looking at it's basicly the same thing.

I have a friend that has a great saying about such parts......

They aid in extraction and feeding.

They extract bucks from your wallet and feed it into the manufacturer's.

If you're just looking for something different, then a piston gun would be great. LWRC makes what's considered to be the best piston gun, LMT also has some good reviews as well. The biggest benefit in a piston gun comes with either a short-barrel and/or supressed rifle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top