JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the AR100/DR200 was a superior design, why wasn't it adopted by the US, especially with all the problems they had with the first batches of M16s they shipped to Vietnam with the "self cleaning rifle" (pfffft!). Did those other designs come along later? Not being argumentative, just wondering if it was better in the important categories why it wasn't adopted.

because one, it was not build in the United States (if you are referring to the Daewoo produced series like the AR100- DR200 K1/K2/K3 and the Italian Beretta AR-70/90 series)

EDIT: PolishedBrass, that is one beautiful Daewoo! I like the way it looks..the CLOSEST thing to that that is made in the US, is the Kel-Tec SU system, but with a polymer receiver. I saw one in the store a while back for $750...it was a DR200 I think...gray parkerizing. side folding stock...pre-ban I believe?

because one, it was not build in the United States (if you are referring to the Daewoo produced series like the AR100- DR200 K1/K2/K3 and the Italian Beretta AR-70/90 series)

EDIT: PolishedBrass, that is one beautiful Daewoo! I like the way it looks..the CLOSEST thing to that that is made in the US, is the Kel-Tec SU system, but with a polymer receiver. I saw one in the store a while back for $750...it was a DR200 I think...gray parkerizing. side folding stock...pre-ban I believe?

If the side folder was like a paddle that was a preban and worth at least $1100

if it was a tube style (ACE) it was a post ban with a US made 922r kit which is a good price for a daewoo with a US kit

The Daewoo was the 3rd rifle i ever owned and still the one i miss the most ,

it was not a tube style. it was a solid stock, paddle like u said? I don;t remember if it had the 922r kit or not... I dont mind buying one of them...since I like the uniqueness of it

if it was the paddle that was the preban and does not require the 922r kit and can be sold to ban states but $1100 + due to their rarity but they are really just a Dr200 but with a factory folding stock, bayonet lug and flash hider, thats a great deal

Thats it , I'm selling one of my ar15s and getting a daewooooooo

Best bang for your buck for a proven Piston AR variant. With none of the issues the current trend of GP Ar's seem to have.

However you have to know what you want. If you like tight groups with any cheap 55 grain bullet and don't mind a thumb hole stock then the standard DR-200 will work.

To 922r upgrade costs between $180 and $350 depending on the extras you like.
The AR-100 if it can be found is gona run over $1200

Best bang for your buck for a proven Piston AR variant. With none of the issues the current trend of GP Ar's seem to have.

However you have to know what you want. If you like tight groups with any cheap 55 grain bullet and don't mind a thumb hole stock then the standard DR-200 will work.

To 922r upgrade costs between $180 and $350 depending on the extras you like.
The AR-100 if it can be found is gona run over $1200

Yep i know all that as noted in previous post. I used to own a daewoo 14-15 years ago paid $350 for it at a portland gunshow . a guy i knew back then put at least 10,000 rds through his and never cleaned it, his daewoo lasted longer than he did as he passed away.

back then you could get 1000 rds of brass cased .233 ammo for around $150 so i put about 2 k through it and i never cleaned it but once. cause it got wet.

I am left handed and my ARs are the standard (right hand) model. I don't see any need to go a left-handed model. Piston guns are nice, but I like the light weight of the DI.

Have you ever shot a left handed ar15?

I shoot with both eyes open most of the time so I shoot with a left handed ar15

What sold me on a left handed Ar was i was talking to a guy at a gunshow who had a nice cut under his right eye from a kaboom he was a lefty shooting a right handed Ar when it happened I still remember these words " Good thing I was waring safety glasses."

Yep i know all that as noted in previous post. I used to own a daewoo 14-15 years ago paid $350 for it at a portland gunshow . a guy i knew back then put at least 10,000 rds through his and never cleaned it, his daewoo lasted longer than he did as he passed away.

back then you could get 1000 rds of brass cased .233 ammo for around $150 so i put about 2 k through it and i never cleaned it but once. cause it got wet.

I remember stocking up on NATO spec SS109 for $0.12 a round in ammo cans. Guess that dates me but I am glad I saved a lot and shot only some of it

Have you ever shot a left handed ar15?

I shoot with both eyes open most of the time so I shoot with a left handed ar15

What sold me on a left handed Ar was i was talking to a guy at a gunshow who had a nice cut under his right eye from a kaboom he was a lefty shooting a right handed Ar when it happened I still remember these words " Good thing I was waring safety glasses."

remember this pic of me?

196589531lxv7.jpg

ALWAYS wear safety glasses!

I've owned three ARs. The first two were DI. An Olympic AR (a real POS) and a really nice little Colt AR. The Colt shot well. Never a failure of any kind. My only problem with it is the same all it is with all DI ARs. The whole upper gets filthy dirty with very little use.

Then I traded in my Colt and picked up a new Ruger SR556FB. Amazing difference. It is somewhat heavier, but it shoots perfectly and stays clean and cool. I'm a gas piston believer now. (I do understand that some of the aftermarket gas piston conversions have been less than perfect, but the Ruger was designed with a gas piston system from the ground up and is flawless).

I know there was a previous post about part availability, but the new Primary Weapons Systems (PWS) uppers are a work of art in my opinion. They have done the best job of solving all of the piston issues and have produced an extremely reliable and dependable product. More reliable than DI? Who knows? Cleaner to shoot for the shooter and the whole BCG? ABSOLUTELY! We looked at an actual 14k build that was flawless. It had been cleaned several times, but like in other posts, because he felt like it. The piston and op-rod are ATTACHED to the carrier like an AK and there is no "slapping" the BCG to get it to operate. I saw them at SHOT and after looking at everybody's pistons, and having owned and sold many, ordered one for myself and several to sell. IMHO the MKII uppers from PWS are what every other "add-on" piston system wishes they were. Add in the fact they use an isonite treating on the barrel and the carrier and you have one awesome package. a little spendy yes, but not more than a Ruger or a Sig. The slight amount of proprietary parts don't bother me a bit.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top