JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ive got a rock river 16 inch stainless bull barrel that has a gas block with rail it has 2 set screws in the bottom and i dont see a pin through it anywhere i need to take it off to pull the free float handgaurd so i can put a sling swivel deal on to mount a bipod . i cant seem to get it to move are they locktighted on or what . do i need to pull the pin that goes to the gas tube or that should just pull out with it right . ive pulled them on my smith m/p and didnt have this much trouble . any help would be appreciated thanks

Use a hammer

but take the set screws totally out . the gas tube can stay in .

sometimes these cam be really tight. not seeing exactly what block you have makes it kind of difficult to make the exact procedure but it its what i think it is
it may just be on really tight . sometimes you can heat the block up to get it to expand enough to pull off but what i do is just use a hammer

Use some 1" wood dowel or something like that so your not hammering directly on the block so you dont damage it or the finish start by hitting with med force and gradually increase until it starts to move then twist side to side a little while pulling and it should come off

1. Remove the setscrews. If they don't loosen fairly easily, they are
probably loc-tited. Aply heat to the gas block to soften the locktite.
Don't just back them out a turn or two, they may be spotted into the
barrel.

2. Remove gas block. If it doesn't come easily with a few whacks with a
soft hammer/piece of wood/whatever, heat it up. Heat will expand the gas
block in relationship to the barrel, and soften any loc-tite that might be
present.

forgot to mention Be sure your muzzle end is protected so you don't damage your crown say against a wood block

its gonna be a pita to reinstall as well but you can add some oil or grease when you get to that.

Put an allen wrench between the holes in the gas block. Then, thread your screws in the other way, tightening them into the allen wrench. The effect will be that it will spread the gas block slightly making it possible to get it off without rapping on it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top