JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because they are *COMPLETELY* divorced from each other nowadays. They bear only the most cursory of "direct" cost links. For example, oil FUTURES have more impact on gasoline prices than current oil prices. Speculation has more to do with gasoline prices than raw oil prices do. Oil company greed has more to do with gas prices than actual raw material cost does.

Gasoline: the new big U.S. export

The United States is awash in gasoline. So much so, in fact, that the country is exporting a record amount of it.

The country exported 430,000 more barrels of gasoline a day than it imported in September, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. That is about twice the amount at the start of the year, and experts and industry insiders say the trend is here to stay.

The United States began exporting gas in late 2008. For decades prior, starting in 1960, the country used all the gas it produced here plus had to import gas from places in Europe.

But demand for gas has dropped nearly 10% in recent years. It went from a peak of 9.6 million barrels a day in 2007 to 8.8 million barrels today, according to the EIA.

The drop was caused partially by the recession but also by the advent of more fuel efficient vehicles, higher prices and the greater use of ethanol as an ingredient in gasoline. Demand for other products made from crude oil like diesel and jet fuel has also declined, although not as much.

To be sure, the United States is still importing plenty of oil to make that gasoline -- and is still dependent on foreign countries for well over half the crude it uses.

But now the country's massive refining infrastructure is producing more gasoline, diesel and jet fuel than the United States needs, freeing it up to be exported to places like Brazil, Mexico and Chile where demand is still strong.

And, the article goes on from there.....

Prices go up till the public starts to scream, then goes down to make the public feel the the price is better. Cost of production stays about the same. Repeat this cycle.
Someone gets a new Royles Royce, Bently, Lear Jet and new 50,000 square foot home. The public gets to bend over

And they have kept this pretty quiet, I had read before and lost the article and forgot about it. Thanks for posting it, you know I have absolutely no problem with a company making as much of a profit on anything as it can. But once it starts to hurt and detroy the country and people who live it, that is when it becomes greed.

Now call me whatever you want, but how come the news media doesn't mention this and report on it like they do katrina and the BP spill, why it's because of the overall plot to implode the worlds economy and bring complete chaos, thus turning into a one world government and letting the gestapo toss you and I into jail without being charged. have you read where congress is trying to pass a bill that the american military can arrest anyone anywhere in the world and hold them indefinitely without being charged » Senate Moves To Allow Military To Intern Americans Without Trial Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Price per barrel peaked in what, late 08 or early 09 at around $150/barrel. Price at the pump at around $4/gallon, everyone freaked, truckers threatened stoppages, price of pretty much everything from garbage service to personal lube goes up due to fuel costs. Now the price per barrel has backed off to somewhere around $100, yet we are still paying $3.50 plus at the pump, prices of everything remain at high levels. I know this is a simple comparison, but..

I think the whole idea is to keep creating new "lows" which used to be the old highs, as the lows progressively rises over and over. Kind of like they did taxes
in the 30's they raised taxes to 75% from 10%, the people started finding loopholes or cheating the system so it dropped back down to 30% and people
thought that was great. In the end they got a higher standard than before. Also they know we Americans are too innovative to be pawns in thier coorperate
game, so they have to lower it to keep our innovations down. (#'s & dates may be off but just making a point of reference).

Why is the price of gas dropping while the the price of oil is rising?

It's more complicated than corporate greed or more fuel efficient vehicles on the road.

I just finished reading "The Prize" by Daniel Yergin. It's a laborious read regarding the history of oil.
From the begining in 1856, when oil was first drilled in Titusville, Pennsylvania, to the musical chairs we're currently playing in the mid-east.

The economies of pretty much every country in the world are based on the price of oil. Whether they are a producer or an importer.

In this country, our government is keeping the price down at the pump (even though the price per barrel is up ) to keep the economy in its current fragile state from collapse.

Our government, and that of a lot of other countries, work closely with the petroleum industry to keep economies in balance.

One more punch to the 'ol bread basket, such as $5 per gallon at the pump, and the proverbial old lady sings!

If you can get through it, 'The Prize', a 900 page narrative of the search for oil, power and wealth, is worth reading.

Be well all,
Will

Can't wait for the made-in-Oregon Arcimoto SRK to enter production sometime next year. Locally made small electric car. 40-80 mile range depending on battery pack you choose, with upgradeable battery pack later when there are higher-capacity options. Combine that with on-site power generation, and bye-bye money to foreign oil (or greedy domestic oil for that matter.) Already have a Prius with an extended battery that is sufficient for my 10 mile commute (and doubles as an emergency backup generator in a pinch.)

My sister has a Prius, she love's it. She is retired and travels alot. I think Electric or Hybred is a great idea. But I will have to wait until they come up with an electric 1 ton 4x4 pickup that will tow the 20,000 lb GVW trailer that I have to haul my farm stuff around.

My sister has a Prius, she love's it. She is retired and travels alot. I think Electric or Hybred is a great idea. But I will have to wait until they come up with an electric 1 ton 4x4 pickup that will tow the 20,000 lb GVW trailer that I have to haul my farm stuff around.

Well it will be sometime before an off-shore company can make one of those, and my experience with the idiots in Detroit (where I worked for sveral years and friends that still work there) if you buy the american auto with what you are asking for be ready for it to be in the shop or for the worthless moron to tell they are like that and there is nothing they can about.

Can't wait for the made-in-Oregon Arcimoto SRK to enter production sometime next year. Locally made small electric car. 40-80 mile range depending on battery pack you choose, with upgradeable battery pack later when there are higher-capacity options. Combine that with on-site power generation, and bye-bye money to foreign oil (or greedy domestic oil for that matter.) Already have a Prius with an extended battery that is sufficient for my 10 mile commute (and doubles as an emergency backup generator in a pinch.)

Boy that thing is going to suk when you get hit by the big 1ton. Plus if your commute is only 10 miles it only costs ya like $1.25 a day. Hell the bus costs that or more.

Can't wait for the made-in-Oregon Arcimoto SRK to enter production sometime next year. Locally made small electric car. 40-80 mile range depending on battery pack you choose, with upgradeable battery pack later when there are higher-capacity options

So what are you going to do when electrical demand increases five fold and the grid collapses every other day as all those motorist plug in the electric cars when they get home ? Might be a good idea to keep a horse in the back yard.

So what are you going to do when electrical demand increases five fold and the grid collapses every other day as all those motorist plug in the electric cars when they get home ? Might be a good idea to keep a horse in the back yard.

To quote the sentence immediately after the one you quoted: Combine that with on-site power generation, and bye-bye money to foreign oil...

Prices go up till the public starts to scream, then goes down to make the public feel the the price is better. Cost of production stays about the same. Repeat this cycle.
Someone gets a new Royles Royce, Bently, Lear Jet and new 50,000 square foot home. The public gets to bend over

Hey.... I used to work at Lear Jet (Wichiat KS) for 10 years. Lots of people work there and I am glad they want their Lear Jets and Bently's. I want one don't you?

Hey.... I used to work at Lear Jet (Wichiat KS) for 10 years. Lots of people work there and I am glad they want their Lear Jets and Bently's. I want one don't you?

Uh, No not really, no where to part them, cannot afford them even if I won the current maga millions at $150million or so, don't know if I would wnat either.

Ok maybe the lear jet to buzz area 52 with, cause you cannot cross into military air space if it does not exist right?????????????

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top