JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oct 8th, Trash No Land is teaming up with Washington Backcountry Hunters & Anglers (BHA) and Washington Armed Forces Initiative (AFI) for a Garbage and Grouse Hunt in Elbe Hills State Forest.

We're doing the cleanup in the morning, with lunch provided and lots of great free raffle prizes, and the AFI members will do a Grouse hunt in the afternoon with BHA. Trash No Land is honoring our service members with a special free raffle prize.

All are welcome and encouraged to join us as we show off our Stewardship talents and honor our active military service members. Group shoot after lunch & prizes.

8 AM sign-in with coffee & donuts. We're meeting at the Stoner Pit (map, GPS & directions are in the TNL Event page).

Details are in the Event page at Trash No Land: "Garbage and Grouse Round-up" Elbe, WA. https://www.trashnoland.org/garbage-and-grouse-round-up-elbe-wa/

Cover.jpg

The Constitution Bat is complete and has arrived at Trash No Land!

This $400 bat, #33 and signed, is hand drawn, hand carved and hand finished by current active duty Navy Corpsman, and artist, David Cogley of Northwoods Carving. (My "dog in the fight", is that David is my son! But I still paid full price!) 1033138-bd593830625290c781eaf9f691a5480a.png

This will be a special free raffle prize to one active service military member of the AFI (Armed Forces Initiative), only at the cleanup event in Elbe Hills State Forest, in Washington State, on Oct 8th, 2022. The AFI is a group within the Washington Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers. Odds of winning is going to be really really good!!!

Trash No Land appreciates our service members, whether active duty, veteran, wounded or didn't make it home. We love those who are willing to work as a team to protect our freedoms and uphold the Constitution of the United States. So, this is a show of appreciation for their service.
Good luck to one of you, AFI members!

Come join the event! Free BBQ lunch and other Free prizes for all volunteers! Plus we all help to save another good place to shoot!
Event info: Garbage and Grouse Round-up

We all know onX Hunt is the premier mapping app for hunting, but did you know it is ideal for target practice? With this app you know if you are on public or private land. You can see the 3D layout of the terrain, set way points of the shooting places you find and so much more!!!

On Oct 8th, '22, onX Maps is giving away two Premium 1 year memberships for 1 state, at the Elbe WA cleanup event!

OnX Maps supports the recreational shooting community and we appreciate their donations to encourage you to attend our stewardship events.

Visit onX Hunt at: https://www.onxmaps.com/hunt/app

Details of the Elbe Hills "Garbage & Grouse Round-up" event are on Trash No Land at: https://www.trashnoland.org/garbage-and-grouse-round-up-elbe-wa/

Prizes are free to volunteers who sign in at our morning safety briefing. After lunch, we draw numbers for the prizes! Lots of good stuff offered by great sponsors like onX Hunt!

onX Hunt 1.jpg

I was so looking forward to attending and seeing everyone but alas I'm not going to make it.
I pulled something in my left shoulder this weekend while fishing of all activities.
Ice, pills and rest are all that's helping right now, will keep y'all updated once I seek medical advice.

Not only are we giving away that Constitution Bat to one of the AFI members, we also have a bunch of prizes for volunteers. Stuff like a $250 certificate for Sitka Gear, a CanCooker, $25 Gift card to Work Sports & Outdoor Store, onX Hunt apps, 556 & 9mm & 22 ammo, American Flag and more.

Post up a note to let us know if you'll be there!

Bill

Hunting is more than just hunting. It's wildlife conservation, environmental concerns, natural resource protection, access and respect for our public lands, sharing with all who visit our great outdoors, stewardship, family traditions and mentoring.

On Oct 8th, Elbe Hills State Forest, in the SW foothills of Mt. Rainier, received a gift of stewardship from Washington Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers and BHA -Armed Forces Initiative - Washington, with a cleanup of a popular target shooting site, the Stone Pit. Joining this event was Trash No Land and Washington State Department of Natural Resources.

This place has not been this clean in years!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!

Additional kudos to our event sponsors for the donation of free raffle prizes for our volunteers: Sitka Gear, OnX Hunt, Work-Sports & Outdoors, Vortex Optics, Northwoods Carving.

Our state and federal forest lands do not have routine paid cleanup crews. It is up to each one of us to clean up our public lands as we recreate. Please make stewardship a regular part of your everyday recreation activity and pack out what you can.

#StewardshipKeepsItOpen, #publiclandowner, #recreateresponsibly, #trashnoland

10-8-22 BHA_AFI_TNL_DNR 20.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top