JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 1941 Johnson is a rotating bolt similar to the M16 (or more likely t'other way 'round) though actuated differently . It works fine with the same ammo as a Garand.
Though they had to make a special bayonet just for it, hence why the bayonet for the Johnson is a short spike (still better against heavy coats compared to a blade of similar size). The most common complaint on the Johnson, as far as function goes, WAS the bayonet lug actually. Most bayonets were too heavy, and caused feeding issues when attached. So to solve it, they made the short spike.

That being said, I don't dislike either. While I acknowledge they were oudated compared to German weaponry, the Garand and Johnson were (and are) both still good rifles to have. However, the M1 Garand was MUCH MORE user friendly. I'd still like either one in the collection, but I have my preferences still before I get around to either one.