JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are all repros pretty much junk?

It seems to be all or nothing with bayos...

Either you are getting a $20 Chinese piece of crap or you are spending >$75 for an original.

My rifle is in no way special as a collectors item... I want a bayo for it but cant justify spending $100 for one or to waste time/money on a piece of junk

Is there an in between???

With any of the reproductions that I have seen...the owner needed to file the retaining ring and or the bayonet lug cut to make the bayonet fit.
Also some are made of stainless steel...yuck....
Plus the scabbards in a word , suck...they just look and feel like the stuff you try to avoid stepping on , while walking through a cow pasture...
Andy

Sop the surplus stores, you can find them from time to time for around $50 or so!
Last one I got was priced at $105, and I haggled it down to $80! It was one of the field modified Saw Backs done well, so I had to have it! :D

You can get the German M1 bayos made for the Greek Garands off eBay for about half $$$ (they are marked "ENS" with a flaming bomb).

I have some import bayos from the post-war period and some US made from WWII and they look the same to me. I would not buy a reproduction.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top