Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Garand reproduction bayonets

shibbershabber

Reactions
Are all repros pretty much junk?

It seems to be all or nothing with bayos...

Either you are getting a $20 Chinese piece of crap or you are spending >$75 for an original.

My rifle is in no way special as a collectors item... I want a bayo for it but cant justify spending $100 for one or to waste time/money on a piece of junk

Is there an in between???

AndyinEverson

Reactions
With any of the reproductions that I have seen...the owner needed to file the retaining ring and or the bayonet lug cut to make the bayonet fit.
Also some are made of stainless steel...yuck....
Plus the scabbards in a word , suck...they just look and feel like the stuff you try to avoid stepping on , while walking through a cow pasture...
Andy

Ura-Ki

Reactions
Sop the surplus stores, you can find them from time to time for around $50 or so!
Last one I got was priced at $105, and I haggled it down to $80! It was one of the field modified Saw Backs done well, so I had to have it! :D

Reactions: KKG

Aero Denezol

Reactions
You can get the German M1 bayos made for the Greek Garands off eBay for about half $$$ (they are marked "ENS" with a flaming bomb).

I have some import bayos from the post-war period and some US made from WWII and they look the same to me. I would not buy a reproduction.

saxon

Reactions
i have a UFH M1 bayo and scabbard I can let you have for $75 +ship let me know if you want it or need pictures

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online