Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Garand Match DRRC December 8

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by ron, Oct 13, 2012.

1. ron

ron Vancouver, Washington Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Ok guys get out there and learn to shoot standing, sitting and prone. Slow fire and rapid fire. Douglas Ridge has rifles to loan and ammo for sale. Shooting rocks and dirt clods out in the woods is no substitute for a real rifle match. Learn proper use of the sling. This match is fired at 100 yards. This is a good match for beginners and a great bunch of guys and gals. Get off the couch now excuses. Many more matches at various clubs in the Portland area. Standard National Match Course is 200-300-600 yards with iron sights! A real learning experience. Check out the links below

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - Service Rifle Program

http://www.ossa.org/Highpower./HighPower.html

Burkes Blog | Just another WordPress site

2. HotRod61

HotRod61 Happy Valley Active Member

This is a safe and very friendly match. Based on teaching safe operations of the M1 Garand and FUN . Very easy going. Undercover even if it's raining. If you never shot a M1 Garand you will have to attend the class the on the 7th . Match is on the 8th. They supply everything you need to have a great time. You won't be disappointed....... HotRod

3. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Come to the Appleseed at DRRC on Nov 10/11 to get the positions and fundamentals down and then put it all together at the CMP match on the 8th :thumbup:

4. kibs45

kibs45 Portland Active Member

I have been registered for the class and match for a few months! I am incredibly excited about it.

5. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

I'm seriously considering signing up for the match! I have a Garand now and I'd love to put some of that Appleseed training to good use!

6. HotRod61

HotRod61 Happy Valley Active Member

Hey Iron bar they have surplus ammo for sale if you need some at a very reasonable price. I'll be there......Rodney