JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last one for the year. They will loan you a M1 rifle, shooting matt and
spotting scope. And sell you the ball ammo for the match. Usually lots
of first time shooters. The experienced shooters help coach the new
shooters. Nice friendly group.:) If you have never shot a M-1 or a
Highpower Match you need to take the class the night before.:s0019:
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - Service Rifle Program

You do not have to be a member. Bring your own rifle and ammo.
Some will be shooting ARs. You can shoot any centerfire caliber. The
rifle needs to be able to reload with stripper clip or magazine change
to shoot the rapid fire strings.
Never seen a red dot on a M1. But there is a lot I've never seen. They do not
turn away anyone. Hard to adjust the red dot like 1/2 min. left? Maybe just
hold left, right, etc. Learn how to use a sling in sitting and prone. The point
is to get out and shoot. If you need a red dot to shoot so be it.:D

Not a great picture but this is it. 1941 Winchester Receiver. 16" 308 barrel, Smith muzzle brake, Ultimak rail, Aimpoint T1 4 MOA, NM front sight, crappy Ram-line stock, Olongapo stock pouch, IMG_6742.jpg Magpul AFG to keep hand away from the heat.

This is an excellent deal. After taking the course, never having shot a Garand, using a club gun and buying their ammo I shot a 395. Prompted me to get my own Garand and I will participate again. Injury forced me out for this last year. Excellent program they have on that.

Aaaaaargh! John must be turning over in his grave.

No offense but I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

You guys should have seen it. It was covered in rare parts. In fact it WAS ALL ORIGINAL except for the 43 rebarrel. This was not a CMP rifle by the way. It may have been a legit take home but I didn't get it until after the owner passed so I couldn't confirm it.

Haha. I just wanted to mess with these guys. It was a wall hanger and all the parts were way out of spec. I would have left it alone but the original owner had drilled some holes in the receiver for some home made scope mount (he was a machinist). I could have had the holes filled but I would have had to refinish it which would have not looked right. I sold all the parts to collectors that were building period correct rifles so they didn't go to waste.

I kept the modified receiver and had the rest of this built specifically because I lived in CA and their gun laws are the devil. It is basically a Garand version of a Socom M1A but completely legal and will probably stay that way since it is JUST A GARAND. It was either this or some weird version of an AR.

Now that I live in Oregon and can have rifles like an adult it is not my go to anymore. Other than than the 8 round restriction (I can reload it pretty fast) it is every bit as good as anything else most people are running within 400 meters.

I love it when the purists get salty. They made about 100 billion of these things and I promise any GI issued one of these would have rather used it how it is set up now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top