JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Garand Converted to M14/ M1a .308 cal.
Comes with 1 20rd mag and sling
All USGI Parts U.S. Conversion

$950.00

Consider part Trade For 7.62 NATO / .308 Win.
5.45, or 5.56 ammo

Glock 22 or 23 Gen 3

I think that's a BM59 -- .308 Winchester built around a Garand receiver, either by Pietro Beretta himself in Italy or based on his design. The back of the receiver should say which Garand manufacturer made it. Are there other markings on it? For example, does the bottom of the magazine have a stamp? How about the barrel and receiver? Markings there? Sometimes Pietro Beretta's mark will be stamped on the safety lever. And the maker of the barrel should be stamped on it someplace.

This is actually a US conversion. It utilizes an M-14 Trigger group and uses regular M-14 mags. From what I gather there were a few Armorers that converted them here, I am not sure who or when
The receiver is Springfield in the 5,000,000 area of serial #s

Last Edited:
I'd like to see pictures too. The '59 was select fire...were any imported to the US? If so, unless a totally new semiauto receiver were installed, I don't believe it would it be legal to own without a stamp. This definitely sounds like a civilian conversion. Still, pretty rare these days. That $950 is a pretty good price, I think.

Keith

It's a Springfield Garand, Korean war era that has been modified to use the T/G and mag from an M1A...(M14)
The conversion requires some machining to the receiver, otherwise it's fairly straight forward.
It's not a BM-59.... and they were imported, and are legal to own in their semi -auto forms.
...and i'd like to see a pic too!
usrifle

It's not a BM-59.... and they were imported

Full autos, yes, but were any of the military imports converted to semi-auto use? Without a whole new never-full-auto receiver installed, that 'once a machine gun always a machine gun' ATF rule would apply. If it retains the original full auto receiver, even without the internals, it'd still need a stamp. I suppose some research is in order, I never paid too much attention to these.

and are legal to own in their semi -auto forms.

Absolutely. It looks like it would be a fun piece to own.

Keith

Remember we shouldnt get to far off here as this is a rifle for sale. I remember seeing ads in SGN for these conversions of the M1 to take mags. Now on the Beretta, in the 80's a semi version of the BM-59 was imported and it was the BM-62, I had one and it is one on a list of guns I wish I would have never sold :eek:

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.