JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My safe along with some ammunition is placed in my garage. I have a Goldenrod dehumidifier which typically keeps the interior 5 to 7 degrees higher than outside temp. Garage is heated in the winter to never below 40 degrees, but not airconditioned for the summer. Some times garage temps exceed 100 degrees. For these said Eastern Washington summer temperatures, should I unplug the golden rod, to keep vault inside temps a few degrees lower than they would be if the goldenrod remained plugged in???

Garage attached to an air conditioned house?

If so, keep the garage door to the house open, it'll provide sufficient cooling to keep the temperature more reasonable. I've used this method for years to keep the garage usable in the summer with a south facing house, so it's a bit of a challenge.

It IS an attached garage, but in no way do I desire to air condition the four car garage via a single house door. I don't like to brag about expensive places I've been, but visiting my electric bill and local gas station is high on my list.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top