JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Check all of the batteries? There is one in the outside push button panel next to the garage door too.;)

Sometimes if you have had a power outage, you need to unplug and replug. Power on reset

More then likely it's one of the travel limit switches.
Look at the little black toggle switches that dangle from the traveler rail attached to the ceiling.
There's a switch on each end.
As the door travels down, an adjustable lever will contact the switch and open the circuit.
When the door moves up, it will contact the switch near the power head and stop the door when it hits the switch.

If you have a failing incoming line then appliances will start to die, one by one, ask me how I know. Do you have copper or aluminum lines?

Well im a idiot. Again. It was slightly unplugged from extension cord. The darn cat snagged it.
Now here's the really crappy thing. While I was looking at the issue, I had the face plate off, where the circuit board is attached on the other side. I touched the board against the metal housing, and it sparked.
Now it's dead. So I had it working, then putting it back together I ruined it, I think.
I'm pretty ticked off.

My sweetheart opened her electric garage door manually for years as a working single mom, too busy to make an appointment and get it fixed. We met, we looked it over together, and we were flummoxed... until she found a penny fit very neatly into one of the eyes. Her son in high school clearly remembers hiding it in there when he was 3 or 4. He parks out on the driveway.

You guys have any ideas why my garage door is dead? It's a liftmaster. Probably 15 years old at least.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

All batteries first. Electric eye alignment across one side of door to the other. I always hit mine with a shovel or something and knock them out of alignment. and that shuts it down til I realign them, check breaker its plugged to, check plug In.

. I always hit mine with a shovel or something and knock them out of alignment. and that shuts it down til I realign them.

we just put our up in the garage rafters about 6 inches a part and they never get bumped up there...... and, well, we take our chances while running under the closing door.

I would check for any fuses that might have blown when grounded. Sometimes circuit boards will have a small fuse on them. Or check the breaker but you would probably know if other power there was out.

Back through it with the car and call insurance!

Well im a idiot. Again. It was slightly unplugged from extension cord. The darn cat snagged it.
Now here's the really crappy thing. While I was looking at the issue, I had the face plate off, where the circuit board is attached on the other side. I touched the board against the metal housing, and it sparked.
Now it's dead. So I had it working, then putting it back together I ruined it, I think.
I'm pretty ticked off.

Her-Der....I did that to the tune of $90.00 when I cleaned the bit of corrosion from the pins in the plug of my electric trolling motor.....Her-Der!

Always disconnect/shut off power BEFORE dissasembly!

Mike

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top