JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I typically carry a Strider SNG or a small Sebenza if I'm dressing up. But I've been looking for a couple knives to stash in bags and something to travel with that I won't care if it gets swiped by the baggage monkeys. I've heard a lot of good things about Ganzo knives and thought for $25 there wasn't much risk. Time will tell how it holds up but I was super impressed with the fit and finish of this thing for a $25 knife. The blade is centered, there's no play and the action is fast and smooth. Blade steel is D2.

YZOpEXm.jpg

I typically carry a Strider SNG or a small Sebenza if I'm dressing up. But I've been looking for a couple knives to stash in bags and something to travel with that I won't care if it gets swiped by the baggage monkeys. I've heard a lot of good things about Ganzo knives and thought for $25 there wasn't much risk. Time will tell how it holds up but I was super impressed with the fit and finish of this thing for a $25 knife. The blade is centered, there's no play and the action is fast and smooth. Blade steel is D2.

View attachment 640651
I just rec'd one of these as well.
Black G10 scales on mine.
This has to be the best $25 knife available anywhere.

The first thing I noticed was how comfortable the knife feels in hand due to the contoured scales.
Flat-sided scales do not feel this good.
It's a flipper and deploys nicely.
I like the simple styling and the full flat ground D2 blade.
The pivot moves on bearings and the detent is very positive.
Love those wide flange, fish-eye looking hubs on the pivot.
The frame/liner is fully nested and one side is skeletonized.
Open bay with G10 spacer to match scales.
The clip on mine is polished stainless, skeletonized and it's a bona fide deep carry with a roomy loop.
(my idea of a perfect clip and placement)

I would say that in size, it's between a RAT-1 and RAT-2 if you know those knives.
The only negative I can find so far is that it is "right side, tip up" only.
It would still work for a lefty though, just not as nifty.

Yes, it's Chinese made, but GANZO is stirring things up with this FH-41, my favorite in their Firebird series.
The nested frame model numbers have the "FH" prefix (G10 only).

Power Cutlery seems to have the best selection (and honest prices/shipping)...

IMG_6416.jpg

Last Edited:
I just rec'd one of these as well.
Black G10 scales on mine.
This has to be the best $25 knife available anywhere.

The first thing I noticed was how comfortable the knife feels in hand due to the contoured scales.
Flat-sided scales do not feel this good.
It's a flipper and deploys nicely.
I like the simple styling and the full flat ground D2 blade.
The pivot moves on bearings and the detent is very positive.
Love those wide flange, fish-eye looking hubs on the pivot.
The frame/liner is fully nested and one side is skeletonized.
Open bay with G10 spacer to match scales.
The clip on mine is polished stainless, skeletonized and it's a bona fide deep carry with a roomy loop.
(my idea of a perfect clip and placement)

I would say that in size, it's between a RAT-1 and RAT-2 if you know those knives.
The only negative I can find so far is that it is "right side, tip up" only.
It would still work for a lefty though, just not as nifty.

Yes, it's Chinese made, but GANZO is stirring things up with this FH-41, my favorite in their Firebird series.
The nested frame model numbers have the "FH" prefix (G10 only).

Power Cutlery seems to have the best selection (and honest prices/shipping)...

View attachment 641356
Good writeup! For the price there will definitely be a second one in my future. One of the reviews I was looking at on the YouTubes apparently sent several of them off to get Rockwell tested and the lowest rating came back at 61. It's a hell of a knife for $25.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top