JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I typically carry a Strider SNG or a small Sebenza if I'm dressing up. But I've been looking for a couple knives to stash in bags and something to travel with that I won't care if it gets swiped by the baggage monkeys. I've heard a lot of good things about Ganzo knives and thought for $25 there wasn't much risk. Time will tell how it holds up but I was super impressed with the fit and finish of this thing for a $25 knife. The blade is centered, there's no play and the action is fast and smooth. Blade steel is D2.

YZOpEXm.jpg

I typically carry a Strider SNG or a small Sebenza if I'm dressing up. But I've been looking for a couple knives to stash in bags and something to travel with that I won't care if it gets swiped by the baggage monkeys. I've heard a lot of good things about Ganzo knives and thought for $25 there wasn't much risk. Time will tell how it holds up but I was super impressed with the fit and finish of this thing for a $25 knife. The blade is centered, there's no play and the action is fast and smooth. Blade steel is D2.

View attachment 640651
I just rec'd one of these as well.
Black G10 scales on mine.
This has to be the best $25 knife available anywhere.

The first thing I noticed was how comfortable the knife feels in hand due to the contoured scales.
Flat-sided scales do not feel this good.
It's a flipper and deploys nicely.
I like the simple styling and the full flat ground D2 blade.
The pivot moves on bearings and the detent is very positive.
Love those wide flange, fish-eye looking hubs on the pivot.
The frame/liner is fully nested and one side is skeletonized.
Open bay with G10 spacer to match scales.
The clip on mine is polished stainless, skeletonized and it's a bona fide deep carry with a roomy loop.
(my idea of a perfect clip and placement)

I would say that in size, it's between a RAT-1 and RAT-2 if you know those knives.
The only negative I can find so far is that it is "right side, tip up" only.
It would still work for a lefty though, just not as nifty.

Yes, it's Chinese made, but GANZO is stirring things up with this FH-41, my favorite in their Firebird series.
The nested frame model numbers have the "FH" prefix (G10 only).

Power Cutlery seems to have the best selection (and honest prices/shipping)...

IMG_6416.jpg

Last Edited:
I just rec'd one of these as well.
Black G10 scales on mine.
This has to be the best $25 knife available anywhere.

The first thing I noticed was how comfortable the knife feels in hand due to the contoured scales.
Flat-sided scales do not feel this good.
It's a flipper and deploys nicely.
I like the simple styling and the full flat ground D2 blade.
The pivot moves on bearings and the detent is very positive.
Love those wide flange, fish-eye looking hubs on the pivot.
The frame/liner is fully nested and one side is skeletonized.
Open bay with G10 spacer to match scales.
The clip on mine is polished stainless, skeletonized and it's a bona fide deep carry with a roomy loop.
(my idea of a perfect clip and placement)

I would say that in size, it's between a RAT-1 and RAT-2 if you know those knives.
The only negative I can find so far is that it is "right side, tip up" only.
It would still work for a lefty though, just not as nifty.

Yes, it's Chinese made, but GANZO is stirring things up with this FH-41, my favorite in their Firebird series.
The nested frame model numbers have the "FH" prefix (G10 only).

Power Cutlery seems to have the best selection (and honest prices/shipping)...

View attachment 641356
Good writeup! For the price there will definitely be a second one in my future. One of the reviews I was looking at on the YouTubes apparently sent several of them off to get Rockwell tested and the lowest rating came back at 61. It's a hell of a knife for $25.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top