JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks guys, so much for all the input! I am still evaluating and trying to decide. Right now I need a super quiet one to snipe the crows out of the tree by my bedroom window until they figure out that having parties during a graveyard shift workers sleep hours is ill advised.

How about a pistol with co2 cartridge? Simi-auto's are $40ish and you can get multiple shots in quickly.

You will be shooting from inside the house and the pistols are not near what the rifles make in noise.

IM mentioned it and thought I might offer you the same, I have a PX4 pellet pistol that you would be welcome to try out. You'd have to buy a small tin of pellets and a couple co2 cartridges but it might help you decide what you want long term or maybe you can fix the issue and not need to buy one.

I bought it for a rat that found the bird seed on the back porch. I didn't want a rifle for the noise and higher potential for collateral damage since I live in a neighborhood.

Worked great and it's had little to no use since.

One thing though, if your looking to drop the crows the the pistol is under powered IMO. It will scare them and maybe give them a bruise but I doubt it will kill one (unless it's the first couple shots - the power goes down per shot almost). A head or eye shot would probably do it though.

Crows are smart birds though, they will pickup on not being wanted in the area pretty quickly would be my guess.

Best of luck either way.

How about a pistol with co2 cartridge? Simi-auto's are $40ish and you can get multiple shots in quickly.

You will be shooting from inside the house and the pistols are not near what the rifles make in noise.

IM mentioned it and thought I might offer you the same, I have a PX4 pellet pistol that you would be welcome to try out. You'd have to buy a small tin of pellets and a couple co2 cartridges but it might help you decide what you want long term or maybe you can fix the issue and not need to buy one.

I bought it for a rat that found the bird seed on the back porch. I didn't want a rifle for the noise and higher potential for collateral damage since I live in a neighborhood.

Worked great and it's had little to no use since.

One thing though, if your looking to drop the crows the the pistol is under powered IMO. It will scare them and maybe give them a bruise but I doubt it will kill one (unless it's the first couple shots - the power goes down per shot almost). A head or eye shot would probably do it though.

Crows are smart birds though, they will pickup on not being wanted in the area pretty quickly would be my guess.

Best of luck either way.
I would agree. a CO2 pistol is probably the best choice. The Crosman Vigilante shoots 10 shot clip .177 at 560 fps and only costs about $80.00., Not sure how quiet it is though.

I agree CO2 are great, but the canisters are costly along with pellets, and are still prone to leaking once used. If for short term use they would do well, but if you run outta canisters your bbgun is no good./ Just my two pennies.

I would make an alternate suggestion if going the pistol route. I have two concerns with a CO2 pistol - #1 is lower power, and as Joe pointed out, it falls off as you shoot more shots, and #2, even really nice pistols tend to leak CO2 over time. If you're only going to shoot it occasionally, you may find it's not ready when you need it.

So, if you go the pistol route, I'd suggest the Crosman 1322. Classic pump pistol and not super loud. You can pump the number of times you need for the power you want. And, it's available with an attachable stock to turn it into a mini carbine. I keep one nearby at all time, just for pest control. I keep a can of .22 pellets on hand just for this gun.

$60 without the shoulder stock: http://smile.amazon.com/Crosman-P13...8&qid=1454460127&sr=8-1&keywords=crosman+1322

$85 with the stock and some .22 pellets: http://smile.amazon.com/Crosman-0-2...8&qid=1454460127&sr=8-2&keywords=crosman+1322

Oh, and since I have one (I don't have the shoulder stock), if you want to try it out, you're welcome to borrow it - just PM me if you're interested.

51Hu6-qGsuL._SL1000_.jpg

crosman-1322-air-pistol-premier-shooters-kit-4.gif

I agree CO2 are great, but the canisters are costly along with pellets, and are still prone to leaking once used. If for short term use they would do well, but if you run outta canisters your bbgun is no good./ Just my two pennies.
That is why I try to avoid most CO guns or get a PCP that you can fill with a pump.

I can vouch for those pump crossman's effectiveness, I grew up with the equiviant as a kid.

The reason I went with a co2 over one of those pumps, at about the same price, because I had a sneaky bubblegum rat on my back porch and just pumping the gun would scare it away and I wanted available follow up shots.

I loaded the 8 round mags and charged it, sighted it in with 3 shots and left it on the table. It kept the charge for at least a week or more - they just need to be lubed to keep the seal pliable.

Crows are smart and will learn real fast that the sound of whatever it is your using means bad things for them - I suspect that even dry firing the thing until it is completely out of juice would be enough to get them to leave; after you hit a few they will learn.

I agree with all the negative stuff about them as well so it really depends on what your plans are for it.

I can vouch for those pump crossman's effectiveness, I grew up with the equiviant as a kid.

The reason I went with a co2 over one of those pumps, at about the same price, because I had a sneaky bubblegum rat on my back porch and just pumping the gun would scare it away and I wanted available follow up shots.

I loaded the 8 round mags and charged it, sighted it in with 3 shots and left it on the table. It kept the charge for at least a week or more - they just need to be lubed to keep the seal pliable.

Crows are smart and will learn real fast that the sound of whatever it is your using means bad things for them - I suspect that even dry firing the thing until it is completely out of juice would be enough to get them to leave; after you hit a few they will learn.

I agree with all the negative stuff about them as well so it really depends on what your plans are for it.
I would pump up my cousin's Crosman 2100B 20 or so times and load up 15-20 standard BBs. The next rabbit or squirrel would drop instantly.

I would make an alternate suggestion if going the pistol route. ...I'd suggest the Crosman 1322.
I have an old 1377 Not a bad shooter , but not what I wanted to "hotrod". I decided that a 1322 was the one I wanted to work with...

1322.jpg

A few upgrades and it is a very nice shooter. I used some of the discarded parts from the new Crosman 1322 to update the 1377 :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top