JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im looking for some options for my son on Xbox One.

Normally not opposed to 1st person shooters, etc. But I am looking for some options that he can play when his little sister is around.

So far, when searching for non-violent games... most of the results are either Lego themed or made for grade school aged kids. Of course Minecraft and sports games.

Basically... what am I looking at here? I feel like there is a genre of game that I am completely overlooking...

Wanting to avoid person to person violence, language, nudity, drug themes...

Ideas?

Race car games are good 2 player games.

Tower Defense games are fun if they are 2 player - dunno the age of your kid though.

I will say I started my daughter on a LAN system with counter strike when she was 5. She's played most of the modern warfare stuff with me - it's actually a lot less grafic then most pg-14 games imo.

Now she's in college and blows minds when she sits in on a game and tears the boys a new hole:D.

I would do a google search for the best 2 player games for Xbox One and see what some of the bloggers say.

Might want to look at Nintendo system.

They have historically had more family friendly games in general.

If he is in public school I might reconsider the 1st person shooters as all of his peers will be playing then.

The Halo series is great 2 person fun and is human vs alien action so way less realistic.

Hard raising kids these days it seems. Best of luck in your search.

We do the shooters like Fortnite, FarCry, etc...

Its just if he is playing before his little sister is in bed, I dont let him do anything graphic/violent for her sake.

They're not making two player games like they used to, they're marketing towards online play that requires a subscription. Most of these multiplayer games are shooters, and less violent games are usually single player. I also buy Sony, but it seems the two platforms are almost identical in their games now.

I second a Nintendo, they are more oriented towards games to play together and nonviolence, and everyone loves MarioKart!

If you know how to, you can search the XB1 marketplace and find things via a filter to narrow down a list then DL what looks like it would be appropriate for the session. Are they playing together or is he playing and she is watching? A co-op game wouldn't be bad so they can at least bond together and this would also help your searches.

Most the things you listed are pretty much whats out there unless there are indie dev games. I know minecraft and fortnite seem to be pretty popular with the upcoming generation.

Yeah they just don't make vidya like they used to....sip

If there's not an issue with playing older generation systems/games thats another avenue you can take. Super nintendo was pretty family friendly or maybe a nintendo 64. Ebay would be your best bet or if you know of a local retro store.

They arent playing together. Shes only 4.

I downloaded World of Tanks on the Xbox 1... seems to like it.

The little one is starting to understand more things, and Im slowly acclimating her to life around firearms... I want to avoid mixed signals.

Might want to look at Nintendo system.

They have historically had more family friendly games in general.
Nintendo Switch is pretty much the go to now for family friendly games. And you can bring it anywhere or hook it up to the TV. The past few days I was playing a game on it with the TV in the hotel. Its a little too convenient in that aspect!
I guess since we are talking game, anyone else have a Switch? Didnt think id love that thing so much.
I got one so I can play games during a reset when I get into trucking. But I really only play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on it...

I'm careful these days with some young
Ones paying attention to what I play.
Lately we have been having fun with the Isle of Man TT Ride on the Edge.
They have recreated the entire mountain course. Every bump and turn, all 37.5 miles of it.
We play it on ps4

528BC842-3168-4C9D-95D9-9A559C17D891.jpeg

TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge PS4 Gameplay | No Assists

The on-line gaming thing is changing the way kids are playing. My 10 yo twins (1 girl, 1 boy) play quite a bit together on the X-box. The 2 player or multiplayer games don't give the same experience as playing on-line w/your friends. Now that Sony is playing w/Microsoft (PS4 and Xbox) on Fortnite and you can also play it on a PC everyone has they're own console. Even when the kids are playing the same game side by side, 1 is on Xbox and one is on a laptop and they're playing w/their friends from school. When other kids come over they can't play together unless they bring they're own consoles. Sometimes they'll do a 4-up Minecraft but this year (school year) they all want to hook-up on-line rather than coming over and playing.

My girl has a pretty good balance between gaming, barbies, reading and drawing/playing other games. My boy is tunneled into the Xbox. He can't play until 4pm and has to be off by 8:30. In that time we have dinner, showers and homework so he's really not on it steadily but Fortnite is all he talks about. If he's not playing he's trying to commandeer the TV to watch Fortnite on Youtube.

If you've got Xbox Gold there are free 2 player games that you can download, the kids were laughing it up last night playing some free 2 player cooking game they found. At 4 she can probably play the kids friendly racing games, our kids love the crazy goat game, Goat Simulator, there are a few on Gold to check out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top