JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We can do everything we can to talk up 591 to all who will listen, and to point out the problems--not just what WE recognize as such, but the Unintended Consequences that will make criminals out of unwary law-abiding citizens and how easily it can be abused--to once again all who will listen.

Show the Low Information Voter how this can hurt THEM or someone THEY love PERSONALLY, and... like Alinsky said, "make it personal."

This. Everybody has their own circle of influence - family, friends, co-workers, guys you know from the gym / bar / rec league. If all gun owners do their part to just talk those around us and get them to understand that these latest laws will have ZERO impact on crime or making us more safe - we can win more support against these latest measures. Be diplomatic, be polite, be prepared to answer objections with rational answers... PR guerilla war!

Please don't advocate interfering with the referendum process. It's a gross misdemeanor in WA to interfere according to Frequently Asked Questions about Circulating Initiative and Referendum Petitions.

Couple of questions:

- Has it been confirmed that Bloomberg is involved in this effort yet? I thought WAGR was locally funded by Hanaeur and co at this point?

- Narrow exception for law enforcement e.g. it doesn't cover retired cops or personal weapons.

- The exception for use of guns at ranges isn't very clear:

4 (f) .... if the temporary transfer occurs, and the firearm is kept at all times, at an established shooting range authorized by the governing body of the jurisdiction in which such range is located;

This rules out shooting ranges on private land, and may also rule out suburban and public ranges. I'm not aware of ranges requiring to be authorized by a governing body in WA?

copy and pasted from the article. So dept of licensing will be responsible for drivers licenses and guns now? So i'm guessing any gun ownership will be tied to your dl. Very interesting, talk about making police uneasy on a standard stop. But it still remains that we all know thugs will not be registering their weapons!

(g) A person who (i) acquired a firearm other than a pistol by operation of law upon the death of the former owner of the firearm or (ii) acquired a pistol by operation of law upon the death of the former owner of the pistol within the preceding 60 days. At the end of the 60-day period, the person must either have lawfully transferred the pistol or must have contacted the Department of Licensing to notify the Department that he or she has possession of the pistol and intends to retain possession of the pistol, in compliance with all federal and state laws.

“The thing responsible gun owners often can't grasp is that it is impossible to separate the negligent or homicidal gun owners from the responsible ones. We can't follow everyone home and ensure they aren't leaving their guns in the reach of children and we can't determine who is a hot head and will lose it and shoot someone in the future. Murder is a future action. Same thing with mental illness. The only solution that will work is disarming.”—Robert McAbee, Seattle P-I.com reader

Pretty much says it all. Soon to be "The only solution that will work is gps trackers/embeded chips for financial transactions/prescriptions for cough medicine/etc.". Laws like these lead to things far much worse than a few criminal attacks.

Kable: A law isn't unconstitutional until a court SAYS it is unconstitutional, and that will take several appeals.

Your faith in the courts/system is yours Mr. Workman. The Declaration of Independence says otherwise.

Well Dave, you now have fodder for another article. It took me a day to realize what was going on, but that article in Ms online by that Brady Gal, I finally figured it out... it will be used as a "Hit" piece for this initiative, Ya Think?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top