JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Overly restrictive by a long shot...."

Rights activists fired up over gun control initiative

A day late, but hardly a dollar short, anti-gunners filed their new big money gun control initiative to the State Legislature this morning, and gun rights activists are already fired up for a fight they realize could be lost.

<broken link removed>

This column pushes a lot of traffic to the NW Firearms forum...with three links.

Where can we find the text for the initiative. I would verry much like to know exactly what it says to make it easier to point out it's flaws.

"
"The thing responsible gun owners often can't grasp is that it is impossible to separate the negligent or homicidal gun owners from the responsible ones. We can't follow everyone home and ensure they aren't leaving their guns in the reach of children and we can't determine who is a hot head and will lose it and shoot someone in the future. Murder is a future action. Same thing with mental illness. The only solution that will work is disarming."&#8212;Robert McAbee, Seattle P-I.com reader
"
Wow, that pretty much lays out their perspective doesn't it? We can't tell who will commit crimes, so let's just penalize everyone. Maybe we should start a Seattle Pre-crime division and hire Tom Cruise.

I enjoy commenting on these articles.
"Thank you for soundig the alarm, Dave. Your work against the prohibitionists is greatly appreciated. Americas fragile constitutional rights are under constant attack by paranoid busybodies who wish to distract attention from the true causes of violence in our communities. The failure to enforce existing laws and the failure of so-called "progressive" urban policy. Funny how it never seems to make any "progress" on crime.
That's because it isn't meant to. Reducing crime and expanding freedom doesn't feed the governmental machine.

As always, the criminals run rampant in our communities and in response, equally felonious, corrupt legislators focus on removing rights of those who have done nothing wrong. Us."

I have looked at all the stories I can find. First thing I noticed is that apparently there are only 1 or 2 actual writters out there anymore. I think out of 20 articles, there were 2 different versions, short and long.

The second thing I was pissed off about, is that everyone is talking about it, but nobody has any idea what it actually says or does. So I figured I would go to the website of the people who submitted the initiative, and you can't see anything on there without signing up to be a supporter, and I couldn't even tell for sure you would get to see the text then. I'm sure it will come out eventually, but for now I am pissed.

Where can we find the text for the initiative. I would verry much like to know exactly what it says to make it easier to point out it's flaws.

"
"The thing responsible gun owners often can't grasp is that it is impossible to separate the negligent or homicidal gun owners from the responsible ones. We can't follow everyone home and ensure they aren't leaving their guns in the reach of children and we can't determine who is a hot head and will lose it and shoot someone in the future. Murder is a future action. Same thing with mental illness. The only solution that will work is disarming."&#8212;Robert McAbee, Seattle P-I.com reader
"
Wow, that pretty much lays out their perspective doesn't it? We can't tell who will commit crimes, so let's just penalize everyone. Maybe we should start a Seattle Pre-crime division and hire Tom Cruise.

Yes, it does lay out their perspective.
The initiative is 15 PAGES LONG.

There is a link to the Sec. of State's website in the 2nd paragraph of my piece, and no number has yet been assigned to this dog.

One clause: no private party sales without going through a licensed dealer

And the only way to verify compliance is for all guns to be registered.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I see that they ban most transfers. They don't care about crime they are trying to kill our country by making it very dangerous to trade, share or lend out guns to friends. I think I agree with Michael Bane on this, they hate us.

<broken link removed>

I'll support background checks if the provision includes a requirement for fat people to provide copies of their health records before buying a sandwich.

Cheryl may be no Mama Cass, but she's on her way. Unchecked it could destroy lives!

At least we have 'ammo' to debate government regulation of firearms. It is just like all of the other government tracking of law abiding citizens phone and internet usage. The liberals don't like being tracked by the government, so if we relate the Big Brother action of registration of firearms to the government monitoring their phone and internet usage, they will figure out what is really going on.

<broken link removed>

I'll support background checks if the provision includes a requirement for fat people to provide copies of their health records before buying a sandwich.

Cheryl may be no Mama Cass, but she's on her way. Unchecked it could destroy lives!

The majority of her site, mobile and normal, doesn't work on my mobile browser. Impressive for someone who makes the following claim in their blog (one of the only areas of the site that worked):
I have been in marketing, public relations, advertising and branding my whole career.

I was looking forward to some pictures so I could make some weight jokes. But she does a bad enough job in her "expert" field, I couldn't see them. I'll give a D- grade on her site and advise her to spend more effort on that.

At least we have 'ammo' to debate government regulation of firearms. It is just like all of the other government tracking of law abiding citizens phone and internet usage. The liberals don't like being tracked by the government, so if we relate the Big Brother action of registration of firearms to the government monitoring their phone and internet usage, they will figure out what is really going on.

Exactly why I think it's funny that people are still trying to push these initiatives. As long as the media stays indignant over the review of their private lines, et. al., I'd think there'd be more environmental support for protecting ones' rights.

Exactly why I think it's funny that people are still trying to push these initiatives. As long as the media stays indignant over the review of their private lines, et. al., I'd think there'd be more environmental support for protecting ones' rights.

"Funny" isn't it, they said almost nothing about Fast & Furious because it didn't affect the media, but people died because of it. Now, when it's THEM (the media) that's affected they're all over it.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Background Checks.jpg

Background Checks.jpg

That works most of the time, but in this case, the target is G-U-N-S... those dirty old tools of the dirty old NRA

Why Washington gun control initiative will get national attention

The 15-page gun control initiative filed yesterday by the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility will get national attention for several reasons, but perhaps the most important of those is because billionaire New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) wants to see how it works here before trying it somewhere else.

<broken link removed>

son of a bubblegum! as the founder of citizens against illegal mayors, I am truly pissed at bloomberg. what gives him the right to impose his will on the nation? isn't his sandbox big enough? evidently not.

People of WA need to fight this wholeheartedly, THIS IS THE WAY IT IS IN CALIFORNIA, TRUST ME YOU DO NOT WANT THIS TO PASS.

I had to live with this crap for years until I left.

If the anti's win this it will only embolden them to go further, it's what they do!

After a quick scan of the law I see no provisions for C&R (ffl 03) collectors, might as well throw it away?

"The thing responsible politicians often can't grasp is that it is impossible to separate the negligent or tyranical politician from the responsible ones. We can't follow everyone home and ensure they aren't tyranical and have visions of grandeur and we can't determine who is a hot head and will lose it and try to use the power of the goverment and their office against the people in the future. Tyrany is a future action. Same thing with mental illness. The only solution that will work is limited goverment."&#8212;Robert McAbee, Seattle P-I.com reader

one can only wish this was what they thought

People of WA need to fight this wholeheartedly, THIS IS THE WAY IT IS IN CALIFORNIA, TRUST ME YOU DO NOT WANT THIS TO PASS.

THIS

Absolute pain in the bubblegum to private party transfer a gun in the golden state. Dealers hated doing it too, made the whole process a nightmare. It took me years and establishing a relationship with a particular FFL to make the process as easy it could be, he was one of the only " kitchen table " ffls I knew of in the SF Bay Area and a all around decent human being. It was like some safely guarded secret whom is nice or not nice about performing the transfer.

Dealers also had to store your weapon for the waiting period, some would only do it during certain hours or days even though the state mandated they must. I could go on and on. Sure you could challenge them and say the DOJ says you MUST, Im calling ! !

As you hand over your Kimber Custom II to be transferred AND stored for 10 24 hour periods.... Or you could find someone nicer about it. Just crazy after living up here a year.

I will stand with all who wants to keep Washington just the way it is ( or repeal some bubblegum )

cough, handgun form, cough..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top