JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I watched it and it is propaganda. Funded by James Cameron who owns a Pea Protein company.

The bottom line is that animals gather protein from plants and concentrate it into a nutrient dense form with a much better amino acid profile than the plants. We'd have to eat plants all day like a cow does to get the same amount of nutrients.

That said, we are all different and have different needs, but almost all of us probably eat way too much meat, and not enough plants.

Your last sentence is my thoughts as well. I think extra fat in the blood stream is a major point of discussion.
I think it's worth a go though.
I don't move steak that much.
I do love fish.

I watched this documentary on Netflix and I was intrigued enough to give it a shot.

From what I could tell I don't see it as a propaganda.

Plant base for me for 6 weeks.
See what happens

I've done the plant based, I dropped 50lbs. Then life went sideways. I felt so much better during that period.

I have some other videos and reading you could do if you'd like. Pm if interested

Our eyes are in the front of our head (predator), we are not herbivores. That being said, cutting out junk food, soda, etc, and drinking a lot of water will have a major positive impact too.

Last Edited:
I LOL at vegans all the time.

They simply don't get it.

Unless we ate grain only and starches, there is not enough veggies and fruits available to feed the entire country.

They claim big agricultural is unsustainable, well it is and it isn't. The system of our society runs on meat. Take that out of the system and we would not have the same type of society. No easily obtainable meats high in dense nutrients, no huge technological society.

Only way I'd allow a vegan to dictate my life is if they came via foot, wearing shoes they made from plants, and clothing they made from plants, all by hand, because without the system in place there would be no sewing machines or fabric mills. No electricity to run either without the current food systems. No petroleum products, so no nylon. No synthetic rubbers for their shoes. No big tech companies to produce their smart phones so the can post their plant based life choices all over a system created social network via an electricity driven internet.

I say we start getting offended at them for being so obnoxious against society's already highly successful food systems.

Rant over...

Its healthy sure.. and for a period of six months back about 6-8 years ago I tried it just to see.. while I felt great, light and it aided with running and basic cardio.. I did notice a tremendous strength loss and difficulty quickly recovering from weight lifting workout sessions compared to post recovery with animal based proteins.

For basic health, I think a mix of lean meat such as fish along with the regular vegatable diet would be the best route.

Unless we ate grain only and starches, there is not enough veggies and fruits available to feed the entire country.

They claim big agricultural is unsustainable, well it is and it isn't. The system of our society runs on meat. Take that out of the system and we would not have the same type of society. No easily obtainable meats high in dense nutrients, no huge technological society.
This is factually incorrect. I'm not soap boxing nor looking to start an argument but honestly this is not true. I've put forth research papers on this subject. I'd be more than willing to discuss in another thread or conversation. I just need some time as I'm working on a couple other research papers right now. One being the "Pink Lady" apple.

I LOL at vegans all the time.

They simply don't get it.

Only way I'd allow a vegan to dictate my life is if they came via foot, wearing shoes they made from plants, and clothing they made from plants, all by hand, because without the system in place there would be no sewing machines or fabric mills. No electricity to run either without the current food systems. No petroleum products, so no nylon. No synthetic rubbers for their shoes. No big tech companies to produce their smart phones so the can post their plant based life choices all over a system created social network via an electricity driven internet.

I say we start getting offended at them for being so obnoxious against society's already highly successful food systems.

Rant over...
^^^This...
Those who prefer to not eat meat push a half thought out agenda, kinda like gun control...

Or environmentalists who drive up in their big hawking SUV, dump their kayak in the Willamette or Columbia and try to block barges... All in the name of protecting the environment... What about their ride????

This is factually incorrect. I'm not soap boxing nor looking to start an argument but honestly this is not true. I've put forth research papers on this subject. I'd be more than willing to discuss in another thread or conversation. I just need some time as I'm working on a couple other research papers right now. One being the "Pink Lady" apple.
I'd love to here more on this topic. Learning things by means of sharing information is how we all get knowledge.

I learn via my wife, a registered dietitian with a masters in nutrition.

I tend to think she knows a thing or two.

Years ago, I tried the plant-based diet using the Engine 2 Diet recommendations. I stuck to it until my body rebelled. I moved on to the low carbohydrate dietary strategy using the Adkins Diet and the LCHF Diet that became game changers for me.

Today, I've moved away from structured diet plans but closely watch my carbohydrate intake and try to keep it under 90 net carbs per day. I avoid starchy and sugary foods, packaged food products, sodas, and alcoholic beverages, but eat a wide variety of fresh foods that allows me to maintain a healthy weight and waistline.

Many millions of years ago, scientists believe, once we started cooking our meat, our teeth got smaller and our brains got bigger.

From an evolution standpoint, eating meat started an evolutionary advance in our society.

Our we so advanced that we see the benefits of a plant based food culture and society over meat? Time will tell.

In recorded history, we are the most advanced we have ever been as humans, built off meat and plant foods.

How big the role of advanced meat production play in the advancement of our global society? I can not say, but to overlook it, is kind of counterintuitive.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top