JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We'd have to eat plants all day like a cow does to get the same amount of nutrients.

Not necessarily, many carnivores go for the guts of vegetarians early on to fulfill their missing vitamin and mineral needs.
We could take advantage of the concentrate too, but that would mean no washing of the tripe, or cooking it, before you eat it:eek::eek: :eek::p

Hippy friends of the family all developed chronic illnesses.

One doctor finally told them they needed animal protein, especially organ meats.

Those chronic illnesses miraculously disappeared....

No sugar or carbs (or very little) has been a lifesaver for me. High healthy fats and moderate protein (I add more when I'm working out on top of work and I've had amazing health benefits) then as much greens as I can eat.

Best of Luck to you either way ;)

This is factually incorrect. I'm not soap boxing nor looking to start an argument but honestly this is not true. I've put forth research papers on this subject. I'd be more than willing to discuss in another thread or conversation. I just need some time as I'm working on a couple other research papers right now. One being the "Pink Lady" apple.

NERD!! :s0118:

Back in 1968 I dated a gal we then labeled a vegetarian. I'm leaving it at that because I don't want to argue the nuances for labeling non meat eaters which are espoused today. Suffice it to say, she ate no meat, fish, cheese, eggs etc. and most things were not cooked. Chemically, she had it down to a science well aware of amino acids, mineral and vitamin requirements and provisioning claimed to be necessary by all the like food gurus at the time.
I tried her dietary life style, (you do what you have to if you want the girl!) after about two months I was feeling fine but seemed to have acquired a hollow feeling in my stomach. After three months it felt like I was missing body parts inside, constantly aware I was missing something. by the end of four months I knew what I needed so "cheated" on her and ate a hamburger. She actually smelled it on me and so ended our relationship because I would not capitulate through abstinence, but I was grinning all the way to the road house that had the best marbled Rib Eye...She asked too much me thinks!

Back in 1968 I dated a gal we then labeled a vegetarian. I'm leaving it at that because I don't want to argue the nuances for labeling non meat eaters which are espoused today. Suffice it to say, she ate no meat, fish, cheese, eggs etc. and most things were not cooked. Chemically, she had it down to a science well aware of amino acids, mineral and vitamin requirements and provisioning claimed to be necessary by all the like food gurus at the time..
These days it's known as the french fries diet.. and they look like war pigs

Lol!!! This topic is extremely funny to read through.
My key interest is weight management, all my stats being in line, and just overall feeling at my best.
I'm really just interested in what it does to me.

Based on our dentitia, we're omnivores.
Based on our dementia, we're vegetarians.
Based on our hysteria, we're vaginas.
1575333635728.png

but I was grinning all the way to the road house that had the best marbled Rib Eye...She asked too much me thinks!
Reminds me of moving out from my ex. Went to a steak house and ordered a porterhouse, bleu. Waitron didn't understand, so I translated: so raw & bloody it would satisfy a vampire.

On a completely irrelevant note, I kind of want one of those hats.
I'll crochet you one...

no. No I won't. I could, but no.

I had to look up a pattern.
I have it in my head... don't be surprised if you see one for sale to raise funds for NWFA (but not pink).

Last Edited:
Today was was normal salad for lunch.
Dinner was interesting
Mexican style rice
Black beans
Green onions
Small amount of cheese. I know that's not vegan.
And TOFU with a little teriyaki on it.
Tasted good!

I really don't think meat and fat are our problems as much as processed preservative laden sugar filled foods.
Eating plenty of Whole Foods and fewer carbs along with no added sugar is what makes me feel better.
Americans didn't start getting obese until we started the food pyramid nonsense. The whole health food industry went along with it and we haven't pulled our fat bubblegum' out since.

Last Edited:
I hope I'm not the "Will" refered to earlier in this enjoyable thread!

On nutrition, a doctor friend of mine commented on the Paleo diet movement a few years ago His comment, "Hmmm, eat Paleo, like they did back when the average lifespan was 26 years, thank you no." Thought that was kinda funny.

I watched this documentary on Netflix and I was intrigued enough to give it a shot.

From what I could tell I don't see it as a propaganda.

Plant base for me for 6 weeks.
See what happens
Good on you. I went full vegan for a couple years as an experiment and that was during my strongest climbing days.

Everyone is different. You'll find what makes you feel better and worse, and your cooking will improve as you force yourself to expand your diet.

I highly recommend hitting up local farmers markets and buying whatever is in season. Get your chef hat out and enjoy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top