JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Americans are losing their taste for strict gun control laws. A recent Gallup poll finds that support for handgun bans and stricter firearms laws is at an all time low – and many of these polls include more than 20 years worth of data. Perhaps the most striking is the handgun ban data.

More here: <broken link removed>

thanks for the info. Hopefully those ammo hording types, (You know who you are) will stop fearing the worst and stop buying everything. Its getting old

I honestly think the panic buys / builds will continue for a while. The political situation is too volatile, and our government has shown that it frequently doesn't care what the people think. Sometimes that's a good thing (you don't want a tyranny of the majority) - but often its not (especially when you're talking about curtailing civil rights - like the 2nd Amendment).

Interesting data, I HOPE camp Obama is influenced by this. The CHANGE we need is less gun bans.

I wouldn't bet on it. Notice the downward trend continued even after JFK's assassination and on through 1968? Anti-gun laws are a product of a mental disorder, not what the population wants in general.
A-men to that... I've got .311 bullets backordered... blows my ever living mind...
You missed the bulk ones at Widener's I take it....

After the story yesterday of Nancy Pelosi changing her tune from the "enforce the laws on the books" statement she made a month ago to now pushing the so-called AWB again yesterday anyone who doesn't believe they're going to try to make this happen is foolish. If people are wise, these shortages are going to continue for a long time. And we should be glad they are, because they're bringing in many new shooters which we need to protect the 2nd Amendment.
I'm curious if the NRA has seen any increase in membership? I signed up myself and seven family members the DAY Eric Holder began pushing a new AWB a month or so ago. I'd never been a member and now I'm not sitting on the sidelines any more.

After the story yesterday of Nancy Pelosi changing her tune from the "enforce the laws on the books" statement she made a month ago to now pushing the so-called AWB again yesterday anyone who doesn't believe they're going to try to make this happen is foolish. If people are wise, these shortages are going to continue for a long time. And we should be glad they are, because they're bringing in many new shooters which we need to protect the 2nd Amendment.
It seems the scum at the top of the political left still doesn't get it, while those closer to reality realize bringing back something that didn't accomplish squat is a waste of effort, time, and money we don't have.
I'm curious if the NRA has seen any increase in membership? I signed up myself and seven family members the DAY Eric Holder began pushing a new AWB a month or so ago. I'd never been a member and now I'm not sitting on the sidelines any more.
Congratulations. You've taken the first step toward a better world...:D

I've long believed that should the left manage to go draconian on gun ownership in a big enough way nationally, it would certainly solidify gun owner opposition like nothing else could short of the military invasion of our continent. I think many of them realize this, as they've been nibbling away at us for years.

As far as I'm concerned, political leftists should be dropped aboard a rusting cargo vessel locked into "slow ahead" off the coast of Somalia with the rudder stuck in a big turn...I'm sure someone would arrive to "rescue" them eventually. :shy::complain::s0036::s0146:

Don't know - though Pelosi's comments were so vague as to be meaningless - how can you "compromise" on a ban? You either ban them or don't. It's kind of like being "sorta pregnant". Registration is currently illegal under the '86 act if memory serves.

She's already facing an active revolt in her own party over this with 65 Democrats saying they're not going to go there in no uncertain terms. Given that the Democrats control the House 257 to 178, a 65 vote swing is a quarter of her party and takes them down to 192... assuming minimal Republican defections, you've got 243 to 192 against... you just can't make up that sort of ground...

She's already facing an active revolt in her own party over this with 65 Democrats saying they're not going to go there in no uncertain terms. Given that the Democrats control the House 257 to 178, a 65 vote swing is a quarter of her party and takes them down to 192... assuming minimal Republican defections, you've got 243 to 192 against... you just can't make up that sort of ground...
That's assuming the 65 all stand fast and don't cave under DNC pressure, as well as Republican turncoats which have been known to be absent at critical votes (Arlen Specter for example). There are also political shenanigans that can place certain restrictions in effect that do not require full votes of Congress. They'd be challenged, but that often takes years to resolve.

What part of "shall not infringe" don't they understand?

Apparently most of it.

That's assuming the 65 all stand fast and don't cave under DNC pressure, as well as Republican turncoats which have been known to be absent at critical votes (Arlen Specter for example). There are also political shenanigans that can place certain restrictions in effect that do not require full votes of Congress. They'd be challenged, but that often takes years to resolve.

What part of "shall not infringe" don't they understand?

Apparently most of it.

Sure - you can always go for the "dirty tricks" campaign - but ultimately that comes back and bites you in the butt...

The 65 who signed the statement seem fairly ardent - of course, they know that if any significant gun control is passed on their watch they're out of a job... period...

the actions of a few nuts have the politicans scrambling to get ahead of the issue. They want to be leading the charge if the public demands new laws. This round of shootings is just what the gun control people need to push their issue, It couldn't be better if they planned it.

Yes, I definitely get the vibe from the Gun Confiscation Crowd that they cackle gleefully any time one of these nuts go off and kill a score of people. If they really cared about saving lives they wouldn't support Gun Control as evidenced by study after study including even the CDC and ATF analysis. Unfortunately with the media on their side they don't have to worry about the MILLIONS of times when firearms are used to stop a crime or save a life being highlighted. To my mind, much of what is wrong with our country on every level is due to the arrogant media's agenda. Fortunately, they seem to be dying on the vine these days as people abandon their skewed reporting in droves in favor of alternative media.

the actions of a few nuts have the politicans scrambling to get ahead of the issue. They want to be leading the charge if the public demands new laws. This round of shootings is just what the gun control people need to push their issue, It couldn't be better if they planned it.

I tend to agree with you here... on all counts...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top