1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Galco Jackass shoulder holster

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories Wanted' started by BUZO71, May 6, 2009.

1. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

... for a Dan Wesson Commander length 1911.
  2. The Quiet Man

The Quiet Man rural Washington County, Oregon Active Member

Is the Dan Wesson dimensionally the same as the full-frame size Colt and thus would fit holsters designed for Colt and clone 1911's? Are you a holster purist looking for an early production (1970's and early 1980's) system or are you looking for a good price on a Galco shoulder rig with the current production holster and mag carrier style? The 30th Anniversary Jackass holster and mag carrier are different than what they were selling in the early 80's.
    I have a Galco Jackass rig purchased new in 1983 with the wide comfort harness, tie down (ammo carrier side), and cuff case - all in very good condition. It is for the full-size Colt GM or Commander size 1911. The holster is "short" and thus barrel length doesn't matter. The leather components are stamped Galco and the composite backplate and tie down components are marked Jackass. It would cost you more than the new current rigs. PM me with an offer if you are interested in the "real deal". If not, I certainly understand that you may just be looking for a serviceable rig of more current vintage at a cost less than "new" from Galco. Best Regards,
    the Quiet Man