Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gail Dines . . . women cant be sexist and a black person cant be racist.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Galant, May 23, 2013.

1. Galant

Galant portland Active Member

This is regarding a new Samsung Commercial . . . Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

Gail Dines, an expert on sexist images in the media and a professor of sociology and women’s studies at Wheelock College in Boston.

Men, who are in power in our society, cannot legitimately cry sexism. “You can say [this ad is] prejudiced, in bad taste, insulting, not funny,” she said. “But it can’t be sexist. Just like a black person can’t be racist.

I cant believe this person "educates" others for a living. At least the comments seem to reflect that intelligent people do still live in America.

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

That broad is a moron.

3. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I was so pissed off by the commercial that I wrote to Samsung and essentially told them to go have sex with themselves, and that I was never buying Samsung again.

4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Only the targeted victims of political correctness can be wassisst

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

That's one of the stupidest things I've read and I've read a lot of stupid things.

6. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

"an expert on sexist images in the media"

Amazing the areas of useless endeavor that emerge when the worries of hunting and gathering to survive are eliminated from daily life.

"and a professor of sociology and women’s studies at Wheelock College in Boston."

Curriculum of this nature is why we wind up with experts in sexist imagery in media.

Keith

7. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

There's another connection on most of them that you've missed.. tribal affiliation, the creators of political correctness

1 person likes this.