JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone else here think that Gabrielle Gifford's is being used the same way the gun haters used the Newtown kids to further their anti-American, constitution destroying agenda? Her husband moves her around like a political puppet, its sickening for me to watch him. She has enough on her plate to deal with besides dealing with the people that are using her to advance the destruction of America.

I can understand why he feels the way he does and acknowledge her feelings also. I don't think she is being "used" more then she wants to be. I sort of feel she is being a little naive in apparently not seeing what I believe are the long term affects of what her actions support that being the destruction of the 2nd Amendment. I have known people who grew up in the ghetto and witnessed executions which then blinded them as to why there was any need for guns. So I can acknowledge that side. But I have known people who having seen and experienced that side of life became fighters against the criminals and support armed citizens so they can defend themselves. Remember they were Federal employees and any gun restrictions that are passed against currently free American citizens probably wouldn't affect them anyway. They are part of the new politically elite....

I feel bad that Ms. Giffords was shot by that maniac. She sure didn't deserve anything like that to happen to her. Neither did the other innocents that were killed or wounded that day.

I feel somewhat sadder by the fact that her and her husband have used this incident to form Americans for Responsible Solutions, an anti-gun rights lobby. Since Ms. Giffords used to be a pro-gun US Representative and now appears to have taken an anti-gun rights stand, I am left to believe that Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly (both now retired) are only in the fight as lobbyists for the money it might bring them. Her oath to defend the constitution seems to have been mislaid.

Being shot by a gun tends to make some change their minds, especially those in politics. Sara Brady ring a bell, Jim was a Repub. also. Both Gabby & Jim were shot by mentally ill people, makes some think that this is what should be addressed instead of AW bans...

Because its easier to attack "Murderous Guns" than "poor disturbed people who just need help." They can't directly attack the criminally insane because the majority of liberals feel that the government should help people live. If they acknowledge the government is ignoring their problems because it would be "mean" to lock them up they would lose a massive amount of votes.

Gabby was my rep (my first one when I was voting age :( ) for a short time. She was against the DC gun ban, but it seemed that she was trying to get gun votes in a very red state. I think her retirement from politics has let her be a bit more honest about her opinions on gun rights.

However misguided, I don't fault her. The hell she went through entitles her to her own opinions on the matter. I'll continue to disagree, but if she feels strongly about it, I'd say surviving a 9mm to the face gives her a little bit of leeway, however wrong. I don't think she is being used, I'm sure she is just using her recovery to promote something she has always felt strongly about.

I seem to remember her saying something about 'don't let this be a reason to further gun control' right after the shooting. Times have changed.

Gabby Giffords has an agenda, you are being naive if you feel that she is being used for political purposes. Gabby and her husband Mark Kelly formed a gun control-focused super PAC (political action committee) she's calling Americans for Responsible Solutions. The super PAC is promising to "launch a national dialogue and raise funds to counter influence of the gun lobby".

The PAC is pretty explicit about its goal of taking on the National Rifle Association as the country's entrenched voice of gun safety and firearms regulation. Here's a post from their Facebook page:

"As gun owners and victims of gun violence, Gabby and Mark know preventing gun violence and protecting responsible gun ownership go hand-in-hand. This country can put its divisive politics aside and come together to support commonsense measures to make us feel more secure in our communities. You can support the Second Amendment AND policies to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. 74 percent of NRA members agree – and so do Gabby and Mark."

They are part of the new politically elite....

10-4

She isn't the first victim to be used by the "institution", and she won't be the last.

"This country can put its divisive politics aside and come together to support commonsense measures to make us feel more secure in our communities".

Define "common sense"?
Define "fair share"?

That is what I thought, such terms are undefinable and therefore B.S. IMO.

Does anyone else here think that Gabrielle Gifford's is being used the same way the gun haters used the Newtown kids to further their anti-American, constitution destroying agenda? Her husband moves her around like a political puppet, its sickening for me to watch him. She has enough on her plate to deal with besides dealing with the people that are using her to advance the destruction of America.

Yep.

To me what's interesting is that Ms. Giffords has not directly said she favors any actual "gun control" measures. It has only been implication that she does. Mr. Kelly (her husband the former Naval Captain and Astronaut,) seems more specific.

I do wonder how much is actual mental degradation vs. just speech impediment for Ms. Giffords. My grandmother (a pro-gun Democrat-leaning independent in Southern Arizona,) is a huge fan of hers, and said she was always "whip-smart" and good at knowing when to stand on principle and when to deal.

YOU BET she's being used, and paid well for it. Its a shame they show her like they do, but, they did the same thing when James Brady was shot. Then they released his big mouthed wife.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top