JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Longhorn and holster.jpg
WIP grip comparison.JPG
WIP new RT Grip closeup.jpg

Well you can see what's been keeping me out of the bars, I finally finished with the right grip except for Danish Oil which should make the grain pop. It will end up being hand rubbed to a high satin finish if it works the way it's supposed to. The other grip is rapidly approaching a similar stage.
Got the new cylinder bushing in the mail today and hope that will cure the timing problem.
Then on to re-bluing.
More to come Football Fans. (I'm not one) :eek::eek:
I like Bull riding more and the darn satellite doesn't play it anymore. ARGH!
Later Gabby
:s0036:

Thanks Jack!

Well you can see what's been keeping me out of the bars, I finally finished with the right grip except for Danish Oil which should make the grain pop. It will end up being hand rubbed to a high satin finish if it works the way it's supposed to. The other grip is rapidly approaching a similar stage.
Got the new cylinder bushing in the mail today and hope that will cure the timing problem.
Then on to re-bluing.
More to come Football Fans. (I'm not one) :eek::eek:
I like Bull riding more and the darn satellite doesn't play it anymore. ARGH!
Later Gabby
:s0036:

Thanks Jack!

Well the Right Panel is finished and oiled and hand rubbed and looks great to my sorry old eyes, and I finished shaping and sanding the Left Panel today. Now To oil and Rub a Dub-Dub repeat and repeat and.......... you get the picture. I'll pass the photos along when I finish the left one and if Jack doesn't mind uploading them again..:s0001:
Later Y'all,
Gabby
:s0129:

You can see the new grip to the left in the first photo, and a close up in the right. Very dark walnut I'm in the process of oiling the left panel and put 10 coats of Danish oil on it last night. More tonight it sucks that stuff up like a sponge the wood was around 10 to 12% moisture content.
I'll be starting with the bluing soon, need to pick up some finer emery cloth tape to get the shine I want. up around 300 to 400 should do it.
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top