JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Confirmed by a friend who is a Pharmacist in British Columbia:
We have people using and abusing gabapentin here. Some must be put on restricted dispensing schedules, such as monthly, weekly or even daily dispense to prevent them from over using.

Health officials are sounding the alarm on a prescription drug after a wave of overdoses. And it's not even an opioid.

It's fast becoming the go-to drug for addicts in search of a stronger high — and it is not even an opioid.

Gabapentin, a purportedly nonaddictive painkiller primarily used to treat shingles and control seizures, has landed on the radar of beleaguered health officials and law enforcement already battling the deadly opioid epidemic that has ripped through the Rust Belt and claimed thousands of lives across the country.

Isn't it bullbubblegum that marijuana, a 'drug' that has killed nobody is schedule 1 & legally unobtainable by Federal law, yet this known killer, gabapentin is still legal?

Silly argument imo. Guns, cars, knives, dogs, fists, hammers, etc are 'known killers' too if used improperly. Gabapentin, when used properly and not abused is very safe and helps MANY people improve their quality of life. Once again, don't attack the 'tool'.

Silly argument imo. Guns, cars, knives, dogs, fists, hammers, etc are 'known killers' too if used improperly. Gabapentin, when used properly and not abused is very safe and helps MANY people improve their quality of life. Once again, don't attack the 'tool'.

If you made marijuana into a hammer it would be too heavy to lift, only way weed could kill someone is if a bunch of it fell on someone

If you made marijuana into a hammer it would be too heavy to lift, only way weed could kill someone is if a bunch of it fell on someone

Nevermind that black market weed trade, even in legal areas, causes more shootings and other more violent forms of death compared to other drugs.

That, and easy access to weed has changed the focus of many dealers to other drugs, flooding our streets with opiates.

Legalize it all and let things sort itself out...

Tylenol is more dangerous then Gabapenten. I use both, never abused, and have never gotten high from either.

This is just more BS imo.

Really, gee I thought that was heroin & cocaine, both of which are schedule 2 drugs--therefore having prescribed usage:eek:
Now go on back to your 'drawing board' and find some more lies

Speaking of lies, heroin is a schedule 1 drug. Cocaine is a schedule 2, and does have perfectly acceptable medical indications, especially in nasal and ophthalmologic surgeries. Heroin has no medical indication and cannot be obtained by prescription or,any legal means (in America).

Well said! Gabapentin help improved the quality of life for my husband who has a spinal cord injury and suffers from nerve pain. I couldn't imagine the first year for him post op without gabapentin.

Speaking of lies, heroin is a schedule 1 drug. Cocaine is a schedule 2, and does have perfectly acceptable medical indications, especially in nasal and ophthalmologic surgeries. Heroin has no medical indication and cannot be obtained by prescription or,any legal means (in America).

Thanks I can't always be bothered to be correct when I get annoyed:eek:

Seems to me if medical folks can find a redeeming quality in cocaine
there must be one in marijuana too--Free the Plants

I think it has a ton of potential as a medical product. I've heard it got blacklisted when the cotton barons realized hemp was a better fiber. I haven't corroborated that, but it makes sense that a potentially beneficial product was stymied in order to line someone's pockets and the stigma has persisted for many decades. The problem is that, since it's a schedule 1 drug, that means the DEA says it has no medical benefit, so it's hard to get funding for research, and it continues to hold it back. I know it's only anecdotal evidence, but it's got to have some benefits, or Willie Nelson wouldn't still be alive!

I've been using weed for most of my life & it only causes a problem for folks with pre-existing mental aberrations

Speaking strictly of issues regarding reactions to weed, yes. I can show you lots of pictures of dismembered corpses as a result of the trade.

Legalize production and use of anything, and the cartels find something else to make money on and its often worse.

Keep it illegal, at least you just have a bunch illegal weed. Instead we have foreign opiates, methamphetamines, and pill powder where garage pharmacists are guestimating how big the pill should be and then selling it to rich kids.

Last Edited:
I took gabapentin for years and never once experienced a euphoric feeling. I was told by my surgeons that it was extremely low on the toxicity scale and only targeted pain brought on by damaged nerves.

I had my leg blown up from a motorcycle accident and that stuff really helped the nerve pain from pulsating up and down my leg for the 4 years after, until the nerves finally recalibrated and stopped sensing stuff that wasn't there.

Speaking strictly of issues regarding reactions to weed, yes. I can show you lots of pictures of dismembered corpses as a result of the trade.

Legalize production and use of anything, and the cartels find something else to make money on and its often worse.

Keep it illegal, at least you just have a bunch illegal weed. Instead we have foreign opiates, methamphetamines, and pill powder where garage pharmacists are guestimating how big the pill should be and then selling it to rich kids.

The dismemberment would be due to the money involved, not the weed. Take the value out of it and no one is killing over a plant, it's the money .

By making something illegal, you create a black market. If there was no risk and the substance was readily available there is no black market.

Sounds like a gang problem you have experienced, not a drug problem.

Remember the gangs are your focus, not the drugs.

If there was no risk and the substance was readily available there is no black market.
Not quite true - what about he States who have not 'legalized' weed? The users in those States will still need a source. Also legalization has only benefited middle and upper class users who no longer have to buy 'off the street' - the lower class still needs a source. And it has been 'suggested' not all retail outlets are obtaining product from the 'legal growers' as control of this is nearly on par with saying gun control will stop crime.

Not quite true - what about he States who have not 'legalized' weed? The users in those States will still need a source. Also legalization has only benefited middle and upper class users who no longer have to buy 'off the street' - the lower class still needs a source. And it has been 'suggested' not all retail outlets are obtaining product from the 'legal growers' as control of this is nearly on par with saying gun control will stop crime.

Readily available means not criminalized at a government level. Obviously when states differ, the black market still exists.

Legalization benefited all users the same. No one has to deal with street dealers, everyone including the poor now has access to tested product. The lower class still has cash to spend and its better being spent on a taxable/controllable product instead of in the hands of the black market.

If the liquor boards are failing at their jobs, that's bureaucracy problem not a substance problem.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top