JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm currently not using any Glock handguns in my EDC rotation, just a G45 that I sometimes use at the range for training. Been very happy with my XDS Mod.2 with Trijicon HDXR for EDC. The under 1" thickness of this gun, in addition to the single stack, make it perfect for me. It disappears anywhere I decide to carry it along my waist. The Glocks are nice guns, and real data backs their reliability and quality. That being said, the G19 is a fantastic model, I may even buy it just to have / customize :) But as I've mentioned before on this forum - I'm a slender dude and carrying anything double stack makes me look like I've got a tissue box on my waist :/

Anyone here carrying the G48? NWArmory just put them out for sale I think this weekend.
Price point is - as always - fair for Glock. Any and all input is appreciated!

Last Edited:
I'm a slender dude and carrying anything double stack makes me look like I've got a tissue box on my waist :/
I honestly thought the same thing when I first started carrying...That everyone was looking at me, noticing my Glock bulge. :D

What I found was nobody was looking at me and it was in my head the whole time. So if your concerned that someone might "Make" what you have...don't. Folks just aren't that observant.

The 48 is on my wish list, as I regularly carry a G43 during summer, and a G19 when it is coat season, this seems like the perfect compromise. Can't wait to try one.

Only one time in my life have I been called out due to a bulge on my hip. (back in the full size revolver days) It was a jerk tending a gas station trying his level best to find and point out toting folk in front of others to impress them and/ or to get a reaction (I assume). He said very loudly "Hey, your gun is showing!" and pointed to my right hip.
I went up to him, looked him in the eye and told him loud enough for the others listening, it was the tubing of my colostomy bag, and ask him if he had a problem with it. He turns beet red and started apologizing repeatedly. I heard others call him a jerk (which is why I used the term) as I walked out.

Not wanting to break the law and lose my license, I was self conscious some after that, and carried subprime calibers for a while for deeper concealment until I realized that after 14 years of otherwise successful daily carry without an event it was a fluke and would no longer be paranoid over a onetime random witness event so went back to the big bore. (Albeit age and physical condition has me sporting a lighter 9mm now.)

I agree with @DB Wesner (and he was definitely more succinct) your own worst critic is yourself. If you have done a reasonable job of concealment then forget about it, don't keep touching it or hitch it up in public and 99.5% wont ever notice.
the other .5% either won't care, or more likely you won't run into them.

I'm currently not using any Glock handguns in my EDC rotation, just a G45 that I sometimes use at the range for training. Been very happy with my XDS Mod.2 with Trijicon HDXR for EDC. The under 1" thickness of this gun, in addition to the single stack, make it perfect for me. It disappears anywhere I decide to carry it along my waist. The Glocks are nice guns, and real data backs their reliability and quality. That being said, the G19 is a fantastic model, I may even buy it just to have / customize :) But as I've mentioned before on this forum - I'm a slender dude and carrying anything double stack makes me look like I've got a tissue box on my waist :/

Anyone here carrying the G48? NWArmory just put them out for sale I think this weekend.
Price point is - as always - fair for Glock. Any and all input is appreciated!

I'm a die hard M&P guy but I was drawn back to the dark side with the G48! I always thought a slim/single stack G19 would be just the ticket. Well it is! :)

BTW-I like your avatar...;)

I don't understand the G48.

Yes, it's slightly slimmer than a G19 and a tad shorter I believe. But the grip is the same length and the grip is usually the part of the gun most people have a problem concealing.

It just doesn't seem like that much of a difference to me to justify carrying it and the decreased round count, over a G19.

The one exception would be if you have super small hands and the grip circumference is better for you. I get that...but that probably isn't a problem for most people...most men at least.

And note that I haven't gotten to fondle one yet so it could be that I just don't know what I'm missing. But just looking at the dimensions on paper, I'm not seeing what all the fuss is about. YMMV. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top