JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love mine. Shoots great, conceals well. Bit of a PITA to keep the silver finish looking good from range trips.

7553EF94-93F7-4103-8C36-B36CB240BA37.jpeg

Other owners are complaining that the silver finish is performing similarly to cerakote. In other words, it's showing wear and lots of imperfections early on.

y.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20190125%2F5b1dc17265e30ef9cc95244524ac678a.jpg

But, the pistol is performing as every other Glock.

The G48 is simply a single stack G19. It is for those that either find the grip of the G19 too fat for comfortable carry or for grasping, or those in states that limit magazine capacity to ten rounds.

Just don't dare reveal that you are concerned about the appearance of a Glock; the Glock Fanboyz will mock you for not being hard-core and the Glock Haterz will mock you for choosing an ugly pistol in the first place.

Other owners are complaining that the silver finish is performing similarly to cerakote. In other words, it's showing wear and lots of imperfections early on.

View attachment 573532
Just don't dare reveal that you are concerned about the appearance of a Glock; the Glock Fanboyz will mock you for not being hard-core and the Glock Haterz will mock you for choosing an ugly pistol in the first place.

Can't win either way, so I don't give a schit what people think. Proof is in the shooting and the groups you mentioned are often lacking in that department.

Can't win either way, so I don't give a schit what people think. Proof is in the shooting and the groups you mentioned are often lacking in that department.

Ya I also prescribe to the don't give 2 $hlts program for what others think. It's a tool to do work. Function and performance is #1. If I wanted to be pretty I would have cross draw silver.44's .

I'll openly admit Glock is ugly. LOL
What I wanna know, is why do they not bead-blast the slides and call it good?
IMO it would remove some ugly, anyway.

Ever shot a G19? its basically that but on a keto diet and 10rnds. still feels like a glock, looks like one, shoots like one, has a plethora of aftermarket like one (brotip: the G43 AM will work on a 43x/48)

It's been wonderful. Recoils like my old G19. I like the G48 so much I gave my G19 to a close friend. I only carry the G48 or a G34 with X300U when wearing baggier clothes

The grip is ridiculously comfortable. I shoot a palm sized group at 50 ft with the stock sights and my terrible vision. Does not shoot left.

Bought it because the P365 I was testing died in 266 rounds.

I really like mine and I'm an M&P guy.
Would have much preferred a black slide but I'm not paying Glock twice when they should had offered both finishes from the start. I played that game with S&W when they offered the safety version of the shield 1st. Bought it, then sold it when the non safety version came out. Fool me once....

My slide to frame fit feels like a WW2 GI 1911. Highly annoying. It seems to shoot fine though. I swapped out the connecter and slide stop for Ghost products and also put in an aftermarket trigger shoe. Probably opt for a nice aftermarket trigger eventually.

I really like mine and I'm an M&P guy.
Would have much preferred a black slide but I'm not paying Glock twice when they should had offered both finishes from the start. I played that game with S&W when they offered the safety version of the shield 1st. Bought it, then sold it when the non safety version came out. Fool me once....

You really did get fooled then. I got the safety version of the 5" 2.0 when it came out and wanted a non safety version. I email S&W and they dropped 2 frame plugs in the mail free of charge and I removed the safety and plugged the frame.

Wow! These reviews left me crossing this Glock offering from any buy list after reading the fit and finish comments along with the need for upgrades. It looks like a Smith & Wesson SD9VE, but at twice the price.

Wow! These reviews left me crossing this Glock offering from any buy list after reading the fit and finish comments along with the need for upgrades. It looks like a Smith & Wesson SD9VE, but at twice the price.

? most reviews are positive just siting the silver finish can ware. No fit/function issues. I am coming up with 5 months of carrying on mine and its looking fine. Well over 1500 rounds through it with no issues. WAY better fit in my hands than the G43 it replaced.

It would be pretty easy to spray the silver slide with some matte black gunkote from Brownell's, bake it in the oven at ~350 for 20min

It would be pretty easy to spray the silver slide with some matte black gunkote from Brownell's, bake it in the oven at ~350 for 20min

Agreed, but Glock should have offered it in both finishes from the beginning. If anything, the silver finish should a been the option, not the default one.

It ultimately came down to lack of patience with me and the silver finish was not a deal breaker. While I would have much preferred black, I will not be trading for or selling mine in order to buy the black version, nor will spend extra money to modify it's current color.

Glock is just hoping that you are stupid enough to buy both and they can double dip on you. No thanks....YMMV

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top