JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought an S15 mag for my G43x and took it to the range for the first time today. I replaced the mag release with an aftermarket aluminum one as suggested. When I shoot it now the mag will release after a couple of shots. I tried several time to reseat the mag to ensure it wasn't user error. I also changed my grip a few times to make sure I wasn't releasing the mag myself. Any thoughts? Buy a different mag release? Pretty eye opening for me considering this is my EDC, can you imagine needing it and the mag falls out after two shotsbb

20210306_181520.jpg 20210306_181544.jpg 20210306_181532.jpg

I personally don't modify my carry guns. But good on you for running it before just concealing it after changing out the parts. Would have been a $hit show if it happened in a gun fight.

might be better off with a shield arms mag catch using shield arms mags.

ive had to very slightly bend the upper part of the mag catch cutout on stainless/aluminum AR mags before to get them to not fall out.

From their web site...

Our steel mag catch is optimized to work with the Shield Arms S15 magazine. While it remains compatible with plastic OEM magazines, it can cause increased wear on plastic mags with prolonged use. We do not recommend using our steel mag catch with plastic OEM mags.

Why alter your firearm with any componet that would preclude the use of mags it was intended to run? It makes no sense. :s0092:

Where are ya finding these s15 mags. I aquired a 43x and havent located any s15 mags. Waiting to get lucky on an email list currently. If anynody knows where one is at id sure appreciate it. Thanks, and glad your 43x is running reliably!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top