JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Replaced the oem grooved trigger on my G43X with a smooth G42 factory trigger today. Took about 25 minutes and minimal cost (Glock Trigger & Bar - Size I).

Since getting my 43x this year, I never warmed up to the grooved trigger and then I realized how much I disliked it during a 250+ round pistol class. I like my firearms as stock as possible, especially for carry, and did not want to alter the oem 5.5# (-ish) trigger pull. Not to mention after-market trigger kits are pricey.

As far as I can tell with my calipers, the 42 & 43x trigger geometry and dimensions are the same. However, the G42 trigger & trigger bar is not a true drop-in since the G42 trigger bar is shorter than the 43X trigger bar.

So in order to make this work, the triggers had to be swapped to the appropriate trigger bar. The crux of the project was punching out the trigger bar connecter pin located on the trigger. I had to make a small hole on the right-side of the trigger (muzzle forward) in order to push out and remove the flush trigger connector pin (see fourth picture).

Success so far after 100+ dry fires! Now I have a consist smooth feel trigger across my 9mm Glocks. Headed to the range this week and will report back if anything is amiss.

G42 Trigger and trigger bar:
Glock-Trigger-w-Bar_main-7.jpg
G43X trigger separated from trigger bar:
G43X Shoe.JPG
G42 trigger installed on G43X, pin flush with trigger side:
G42 Shoe Pin.JPG
G42 trigger installed on G43X - Smooth trigger, right side small pin hole:
G42 shoe on G43x.JPG

Update:
Well I am happy. A box of target rounds down range, the trigger functions perfectly and my index finger pad is pleased. My goal is proficiency (and consistency) across the same platform and this smooth oem trigger keeps my ocd in check.

Again, a pretty straightforward process using a pin punch, small nail punch, hammer, and pliers. Here's an educational video on a replacement procedure. Cheers!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top