JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When you've pulled a tour as a Drill Sgt.... you gain a keen appreciation for clean porcelain. ;):D

Yah, I was on the receiving end of that equation.

Then spent another year doing same at my first duty station before I got my school. Well 6 months an 6 months in the mess. Same thing. I got myself assigned to the Chief's wardroom and not only cleaned, but got their lunches and served their lunches. Just as if they were officers... oh the fine art of brown-nosing!!! I stayed there for 3 rotations instead of just one... the crabapple Bosunsmate in the barracks got me reassigned to him and I was back to scrubbing sch!tters and buffing floors, as well as painting walls. Got something I called "Buffer Brain" from endlessly running that machine ea day. I surprised I was worth anything I "Aviation Electronics" A school after that.

I graduated A school as an E3 with the highest grade point avg ever in the entire history of USCG Aviation.... then they put me in the galley for 6 mos when I got to my first assignment. And they later wondered why I was such an attitude case. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Yah, I was on the receiving end of that equation.

Then spent another year doing same at my first duty station before I got my school. Well 6 months an 6 months in the mess. Same thing. I got myself assigned to the Chief's wardroom and not only cleaned, but got their lunches and served their lunches. Just as if they were officers... oh the fine art of brown-nosing!!! I stayed there for 3 rotations instead of just one... the crabapple Bosunsmate in the barracks got me reassigned to him and I was back to scrubbing sch!tters and buffing floors, as well as painting walls. Got something I called "Buffer Brain" from endlessly running that machine ea day. I surprised I was worth anything I "Aviation Electronics" A school after that.

I graduated A school as an E3 with the highest grade point avg ever.... then they put me in the galley for 6 mos when I got to my first assignment. And they later wondered why I was such an attitude case. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Drill Sgt school is literally going through basic training with the added Drill Sgt training (training the trainers) on top of it... then as a Drill Sgt you're up two hours before the troops and don't get to bed until two hours after the troops, and the troops get sleep deprived, so....

That's the main reason Drill Sgts are grouchy... plus we're sadistic by nature. ;)

Drill Sgt school is literally going through basic training with the added Drill Sgt training (training the trainers) on top of it... then as a Drill Sgt you're up two hours before the troops and don't get to bed until two hours after the troops, and the troops get sleep deprived, so....

That's the main reason Drill Sgts are grouchy... plus we're sadistic by nature. ;)

We had Company Commanders... the equivalent of DS. Yes, those guys kept weird hours. Surprise inspections, rack races, challenging the watchstanders... all that good stuff. I was in the Honor Company as the Right-handed Rifleman in the Honor Guard. We did the presentation of colors during ceremonies while the rest of Honor Company was performing rifle spinning routines.

My CC was a 22yrd old black fellow that always wore sunglasses. Never raised his voice. But had us terrified nevertheless. Couldn't see where he was looking... and he had a penchant for getting us out at 3am to highport around the compound. The Garand sure got heavy!! He would show us five pennies and then throw them around... pick the Phuck-up to find the all the pennies before we could quit and go back to bed. But he only thru 4 pennies not five. o_O

I was 23yrs old when I enlisted, so I did pretty well withstanding all the "stuff". Graduated first in the class from boot and got my choice of duty station. I picked Air Station San Francisco, thinking it would help me get into aviation school.... nope. :oops:

Last Edited:
Had a G48 but got rid of it. I liked the way it felt holding it but when it came time to fire I noticed I had to adjust my shooting finger a bit and I was shooting low with it. Went to my 26/19 and shot those both just fine so I ended up trading the 48 off to a member here. Carried the 48 for about a couple months and it did alright but I feel so much more comfier with the 26.

Good gun but just not for me I guess.

My new Jerhico FS45. ...and the walls came tumblin' down.

IMG_20200314_141556.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads