JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Also posted in semi auto pistol discussion thread:

ecently purchased a brand new Glock 30s, for EDC and finally got to test it today.
I put a total of 60 rounds through it before becoming frustrated enough with it to put it away for the day.
Roughly 50 percent of the time it failed to feed and return to battery! Definitely not a limp writing issue, Im leaning toward either it being a mag or recoil spring problem.
Any advice? I am definitely going to call Smyrna in the morning for a return tag, if I can't figure it out with your help.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I assume you had more than one mag with you as they come with 3?
Same issue with the different mags?

Glocks don't always come with exceptionaly great cuts or buffing/polishing in their innards. Could be a burr close to or under your feed ramp, but that's a long shot. Take a look at the obvious areas of action around the feed ramp for blunts or seams needing buffing.
I'd explore the options of a new recoil spring as a definite start and you may ask Glock to send you one for free to try before returning.

Lastly, as silly as it sounds, you may want to check your mag springs and see if they are installed backwards as that can cause the nose of the round to dip enough to catch for a ftf.
Best of luck!

I assume you had more than one mag with you as they come with 3?
Same issue with the different mags?

Glocks don't always come with exceptionaly great cuts or buffing/polishing in their innards. Could be a burr close to or under your feed ramp, but that's a long shot. Take a look at the obvious areas of action around the feed ramp for blunts or seams needing buffing.
I'd explore the options of a new recoil spring as a definite start and you may ask Glock to send you one for free to try before returning.

Lastly, as silly as it sounds, you may want to check your mag springs and see if they are installed backwards as that can cause the nose of the round to dip enough to catch for a ftf.
Best of luck!

I have resolved the issue. It only comes with two, the Mags and recoil spring were fine, but the extractor and trigger bar assembly got replaced on it's trip home to Smyrna. Thanks

I could see something with the extractor causing your issue, but trigger bar ?
That's what the invoice said. The g30s apparently has had a lot of issues with the trigger bar assembly as well. I don't claim to be any sort of expert. Maybe it was easier to replace all of the internals than just the extractor. Beats me, but it works great now. Looking into taking the armorer's course so I have a bit more insight.

IMG_20190130_163055630.jpg
Looks like they sent new mags as well. I missed that the last time I looked at this.

My G-29, bought new, fired little, was out of the one year warranty, so they would not pay for me to return it, and they would only accept it back by FedEx Air. $80, but they did fix it and they paid to return it to me. (Slide Lock spring broke off even with the frame, where it could not be pulled out as you could not have enough remaining material to grasp, I don't know how they got it)

Anyway Glock's are just as susceptible to weird happenings as any other gun. I was not impressed with their warranty.

Looks like they tested Tengu's gun.

That's what the invoice said. The g30s apparently has had a lot of issues with the trigger bar assembly as well. I don't claim to be any sort of expert. Maybe it was easier to replace all of the internals than just the extractor. Beats me, but it works great now. Looking into taking the armorer's course so I have a bit more insight.
There are plenty of youtube vids showing how to dismantle the Glock. I thought they were mysterious at first, then I was like...oh, duh :D

My G-29, bought new, fired little, was out of the one year warranty, so they would not pay for me to return it, and they would only accept it back by FedEx Air. $80, but they did fix it and they paid to return it to me. (Slide Lock spring broke off even with the frame, where it could not be pulled out as you could not have enough remaining material to grasp, I don't know how they got it)

Anyway Glock's are just as susceptible to weird happenings as any other gun. I was not impressed with their warranty.

Looks like they tested Tengu's gun.
They should have fixed it for free.
They knew that they had a design issue with that leaf spring.
Gen 5 has a coil spring for the slide lock.

The two most failure prone, pre-Gen 5 springs are the slide lock and trigger springs.
When adopting a used Glock, change out the springs....they're inexpensive.

Glocksmithing is actually pretty easy.
They are easier to scratch build than an AR.
Some folks that have taken the Glock Armorer's Course say that this manual is better than their class materials.
Lone Wolf Distributors
It has not yet been updated with Gen 5 pistols.

The trickiest part, IMO, in disassembling a Glock is the trigger pin.
It's not hard, just tricky.
You have to wiggle around the slide release lever as you push on the pin.

If you find yourself banging on any Glock pin, STOP.
Glock pins go in with pressure (or very light taps) once everything is aligned.

Pins drive out left to right.
Pins drive in right to left.

I've always found the mag release spring to the biggest pain in the rear.

Yep all true. I remember it as pins spit out the same direction as the brass.

They should have fixed it for free.
They knew that they had a design issue with that leaf spring.
Gen 5 has a coil spring for the slide lock.

The two most failure prone, pre-Gen 5 springs are the slide lock and trigger springs.
When adopting a used Glock, change out the springs....they're inexpensive.

Glocksmithing is actually pretty easy.
They are easier to scratch build than an AR.
Some folks that have taken the Glock Armorer's Course say that this manual is better than their class materials.
Lone Wolf Distributors
It has not yet been updated with Gen 5 pistols.

I actually have been to a Armorers course, I'm just not Armorer material! Sometimes a modicum need for dexterity appears (Like with series 80 1911's) but Glocks are pretty simple.

They did fix my gun free, but demanded the high priced way of getting it there. Like they have a kick back deal with FedEx.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top